Subject Author Posted Replies

int 13h and greater
I'm looking for the method(s) used to access disks with greater than 8 gigabytes capacity on the IBM style computers, ie Compaq/hp, Dell, etc? I've checked interupt 13h for the presence of "extended"...
20
20

opa145
Hi all, Well the opa124 is EOL, suggested replacement is opa145. Looks nice. Very low 1/f noise corner. And then I got a little worried looking a figure 17, which shows voltage noise rising from 10k...
19
19

nightmare
How could something this crazy happen? -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc trk jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com Call Windows 10 anything you like – Microsoft seems to • The Register
161
161

Precise Resistor Values
Gentlemen, During the course of recent internal probings, I've come across the usage of an awful lot of resistors of unusually precise value: 1251 ohms @ 1% and many of them are doing a job which...
19
19

Seek clarifications on load pulling technique
Could some electronics guru please help clarify the following. I am a bit rusty on load pulling. I am currently working on some ideas and testing them with SPICE. Suppose that a RF transistor( e.g....
4
4

Motorcycle Moonbounce
Hey Gerhard, Now that summer is almost over, how did your EME experiments go? I assume you knew the times when the moon was visible to you and your partner. How did you communicate with your friend to...
2
2

silicon PMTs
Onsemi is not pure gumdrops any more.
9
9

Waiting, once again.
Waiting to see what path Dorian will take. Waiting for the county to decide if we have to evacuate, or if we are to shelter in place. Waiting for yet another extended Power failure. It figures that I...
131
131

head assembly
This thing must weigh 40 pounds.
8
8

Carbon nanotube 16 bit CPU comes of age
This made the physics news today. A working 16bit CPU fabricated on carbon nanotube semiconductor material. Also in Nature and unusually the link from the Physics website gives free access (maybe only...
6
6

OT: Artificial heart that seems to work
IEEE Spectrum has thrown up an interesting project It's a purely centrifugal pump - or perhaps a pair of pumps , since one side of the spinning rotor feeds the lungs and the other the rest of the body...
20
20

Best Way To Power This ?
I got these two pieces of equipment. One is a Data Precision benchtop DMM. It had a bad power transformer. It ru ns on a shunt Zener regulation using the impedance of the transformers. not something I...
6
6

Buying Greeenland
That would be great! We could send all asylum seekers there until they get their court date, rather then release them into the states never to be seen again. Great idea Trump. :-) Mikek
130
130

Connector ID?
Hi, all, I have this very nice Mitutoyo FS-110 metallurgical microscope with a slightly mismatched lamp housing (wrong connector). It works okay with a separate DC power supply, but I'd much rather...
2
2

Aluminum electrolytic capacitor failure modes and ripple current ratings
I am trying to get a handle on ripple current ratings for capacitors, start ing with the ChemiCon KZN series. The data sheet has specifications for ra ted ripple current and maximum temperature. It...
13
13