Subject Author Posted Replies

Gapped potcore/ E core AsubLs
While looking through the Ferroxcube Ferrites databook, I see a specific size core with gaps for several different materials. These materials have a nongapped AsubL ranging from 4600 to 6950. If the...
19
19

Get rid of your television
Get rid of your television. It's the top cause of all the violence in our world. Every day thousands of people are killed on tv, and that reflects the deaths in the world. If you have any of these...
16
16

OT: My birthday present, a WT310E.
I broke down and bought myself a birthday present, new-in-box on eBay. It measures complex AC waveforms, to 0.05% of range, 0.1% of reading. Aha, now measure loss to an honest 0.1%, efficiency to...
20
20

CFB amplifiers at high gain
CFB op-amps are famous for not loosing their wide -3dB amplifier bandwidth as you increase gain, as do VFB op-amps. Many of us know this aspect degrades at high gains, but not as well as we should....
2
2

some PCB trace resistances
That's a pretty wide range of ohms per square. I can't explain that.
18
18

best autocad viewer?
edawings quit working for me, and the current download is 192 Mbytes with all sorts of security alerts. What's a good, clean .dxf/.dwg viewer?
3
3

Measurements (well) out of 'scope bandwidth
Gentlemen, I need to check two signals, one at just over 2Ghz and the other at just over 6. Problem is, the fastest scope I have, as far as I'm aware, is an analogue 350Mhz Tektronix. At the time I...
12
12

Unfamiliar RF BJT terminology - help please
Could some electronics guru on this newsgroup please clarify this a bit ? The S parameters listed for the RF BJT BFU520 are listed with reference to Vout, Iout. This is unfamiliar. to me. Assuming the...
2
2

OT: 23andMe
I paid about $100 to get my genome sequenced. I'm mainly European and mostly of British and Irish extraction. They report on some 199 chromosome segments - since we all have 46 chromoso mes that's...
12
12

Load Slammer
Looks silly to me. It's apparently not polarity protected. They recommend soldering it to the board under test. Looks like it's designed to break at $1800 per pass. I'm about to test some switchers on...
7
7

New baby
I mentioned it earlier in another thread so here it is: I was improvising the speech for the video so it is pretty stuttering, I may have to voice it over some day... This would also take care of the...
10
10

Design Me A Transformer, I Will Pay
I have tried to figure out how to do this but my education lacks. What do p eople like me do when they need something done they can't do ? Pay someone. I need an audio transformer, actually a center...
76
76

Crops under solar panels can be a win-win
This is interesting They report that not only do crops grow better using less water for the amount of food produced the solar panels stay cooler improving their electrical production. True win-win.
92
92

another PCB TDR
I have a customer who wanted to review the PCB layout that we are doing for them. Unfortunately, one of their engineers has been reading HoJo's silly Black Magic book, and was harassing me about...

RC circuit current, large signal
So without the Laplace transform just from first principles, apply a sine of amplitude A, A*sin(omega*t) to a series RC to ground: I(t) = C*dv/dt, I(t) = C*(A*omega*cos(omega*t) - I'(t)*R) I(t) =...
27
27