Subject Author Posted Replies

PIC buring Firmware to another PIC
I'd like to serially transfer a hex program file to one pic then have that PIC burn this firmware to another pic. In this case it would be a PIC18 recieving the FW serially and a PIC16 having this...
16
16

A free version of LabView
Release date is... November or early next year. But the LINX toolkit in interesting for the Raspberry PI Cheers
5
5

wire rope crimping ferrules corrosion
Hi, I am making a safety line for my well pump and using a 350foot long 1/8" stainless steel cable (1x19, 19 strands). I have some aluminum crimp ferrules but since a portion of this cable will be...
25
25

Is A SEPIC Convertor Really All That Efficient ?
It came up recently, friend of mine has an application where it would be go od. I told him it would take me a LONG time to design one from scratch. But anyway I thought of something. Many years ago in...
12
12

Flip-Flop in LTSpice, set/reset assertion?
Today I found that a simulation wasn't working right because the set and reset on the flip-flop (dflop) in LTSpice has the set and reset inputs active high. Yet every modern flip-flop is active low....
20
20

Three electric switches cure obesity
The three switches are on your car ignition, TV power, and refrigerator. This is a way to lose 60 pounds of blubber. Walk, bike, write, cook. Fill each switch with epoxy.
12
12

Re: softbank
It's not the instruction set, it's the fab designs, ready to go, for a price, drop into ST chips, etc.

OT: Microsoft Office 365 Outlook (online variant)
* An incoming e-mail, found in the Junk E-mail box had the stupid and contradictory notice "This message was identified as spam. We'll delete it after 29 days. It's not spam" * At least ONE e-mail was...
24
24

IcePower module
Hi to all my fans, just completed repairs on one of these: Found it fitted inside a mini-size bass instrument amplifier, which the own er had just purchased over the net and failed on him at first...
35
35

Dirty sine wave generator
Is there a way to extrapolate this D flip flop-based/XOR modified sine-wave generator to be a little less "steppy" using a couple more flops or XOR gates? or provide outputs of different phases? I was...
52
52

Noise figure and Volts/rtHz
This Jfet lists noise figure as 2.1 dB, how do I turn that into v/rtHz ? Is the reference a 50 ohm resistor? So 3dB would be twice the voltage noise density of a 50 ohm resistor? Thx, George H.
5
5

OT: 1.8GW solar park nears completion
Located in Egypt's "Western Desert", west of the Nile, but in the eastern Sahara. 1.8GW is a lot, amounting to 5% of Egypt's capacity, but they're also finishing three 4.8GW gas-fired combined-cycle...
41
41

MRI imaging inside Lithium ion batteries
The is from this week's Proceedings of the (US) National Academy of Sciences Apparently the researchers have worked out how to get good quality MR images from inside regular cells. You need to pay for...

MIT
MIT is habitually involved in some scummy scandal or other like I thought these people were supposed to be smart. "I don't want to see the Media Lab crumble due to Epstein's dirty money" why not? They...
8
8

Re: OT: Why is Germany so (apparently) stupid to give up nuclear power?
At the time, the world, Germany included, was well underway to re-embrace nuclear power, to reduce CO2 emission and all that. And then Fukushima happened. Jeroen Belleman
155
155