Subject Author Posted Replies

Zero-drift amplifiers with negative PSRR
Just a little heads-up: I'm working on someone's design that has LPV821's. It's a nano-power zero-drift amp with incredible offset specs, being used as a unity-gain d.c. buffer. The amp's input is...
10
10

Dot Matrix Printer - WTB
Can someone recommend a (sub-$900) new, current production model dot matrix printer? I plan to use it on Windows-7, USB. My strong preference is for a wide carriage, but I could probably live with 80...
7
7

Stereo mixer amplifier
Greetings, An article about my stereo mixer-amplifier project is now available. Thank you, 73, -- Don Kuenz KB7RPU There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light; She set...
22
22

AoE x-Chapters 9x.23, sending power on a beam of light
AoE x-Chapters, section 9x.23, power on a light beam. For my electrospinning project (recall 15kV+4kV=19kV, now 30kV), we need to power an LED voltmeter module, to measure the nano-thread production...
21
21

The three worst diagrams EE students are presented with
Diagram 1. The field coming out of a charged particle. So there are 16 arr ows coming out of a dot on the center of the page ( or 8 or 24 depending on the book). This is what an electric field looks...
31
31

Power supply design - does anyone know the transfer function?
I have been designing (using)various Linear tech power supply chips. It se ems current mode is the way to go. You can use their simulation tools. It seems that the whole control of the whole power...

Ramblings about feedback control loops
In school I took the usual control classes. Nyquist , Bode, RHP etc. Pret ty much did not understand any of it at the time. I just remember one grap h that seems to get drilled into my brain. The ole...
6
6

using the TDC1000 ultrasound IC
Has anybody used the TDC1000 ultrasound ranging IC, with PGA, etc.? I'm not interested in measuring a specific reflective distance, such as water level, but rather a reflection intensity vs. distance.

Dashcam "component"
Any idea what these "components" are for, above and below the dashcam lens? I have removed the upper one from the circuit board; both are held to the board by double-sided sticky foam, and have...
15
15

Using PCBCart for machine assembly?
Has anybody used PCBCart for assembly? How'd it go? Did you have them purchase the parts?

looking for GOOD stun gun plans??
I would like to build a stun gun. All over the web are various plans and plenty of videos. Many of these seem to use a so called 200-400 KV high voltage module available on eBay and various other...

Soon the earth will (possibly) be hit by comets / asteroids.
English (Google-assisted translation): This is perhaps the most important message I have ever written / will write in my life. Not long ago / a few days ago I saw a broadcast on television, on...
2
2

Bluetooth connections
Just how many separate connections are supported by BT these days? I use a BT mouse with my laptop and am thinking getting also an external BT keyboard for it. Would that work? What about adding a BT...
13
13

HDMI in US and in EU
On my recent move to Europe I also shipped an older Samsung LCD monitor that I've been using as an external display with my laptop, using HDMI connection. I also used it as a TV display via another...
68
68

cool power supply
$94 from Amazon, free shipping.