Subject Author Posted Replies

An improved 2n7002
2n7002k. Crss and Coss are about halved compared to the old-guard part, the rest of the specs eyeball out about the same. Rdson may be a tad lower, depending on Vgs & such. YMMV. I may have to drive...
11
11

OT Marine cloud brightening
This is interesting, Read the first comment too. George H.
20
20

Re: The PornTard Of The United States Awards Medal
wrote in news: egomaniac. He is as smart as a silent fart. No. She beat him by over 2 million votes. Clinton: 65,853,514 votes Retarded Dangerous Orangutan: 62,984,828 votes The corrupted system put...
6
6

experience
I was talking to a young engineer who is assuming that he has to get a lot of experience before he can design stuff. That got me thinking about experience. It teaches a lot of people the wrong...
34
34

SMPS +/-5V about +50V supply.
I want a switch mode PSU which will give me two ~2A outputs at 5V above and below a nominal +50V (say +40V to +60V) DC supply, ie +55V and +45V from +50V. I can probably work out some fairly clunky...
7
7

Switched mode RF amplifiers
Could some electronics guru here clarify this a bit ? A switched mode amplifier requires a sampling signal to accurately sample the signal to be amplified. So, if the input signal has frequency of...
7
7

#Lying Bag Of Schiff
That's all, feel free to use it.
109
109

OT: effect of US Govt shutting down software accounts
Adobe is shutting down service for users in Venezuela in order to comply with a U.S. executive order. This is not the first time something like this has happened. It's foolish and short-sighted for...
38
38

Re: OT: Brushless cordless drill less powerful or less efficient in reverse?
If it's got helical cut gears that's a possibility.
3
3

Look at what was in my bedroom !
Google-assisted-translation: Two dark videos: Part 1: Part 2: Sharpest Picture: Squirrel Butterfly / Squirrel Last night I was shocked when I tried to close the window, suddenly there w as that big...
4
4

Film capacitor as power-supply filter
Is there any reason not to use a 20-uF 900-volt film capacitor as a power supply filter? I'm updating a vintage Heathkit capacitor checker that I use regularly for re-forming electrolytics, and its...
188
188

OT: disturbing headlines from Slashdot
Latest Slashdot disturbing headlines from major sources: arstechnica, zdnet, nytimes, infoworld ... Big ISPs Worry DNS-Over-HTTPS Could Stop Monitoring and Modifying of DNS Queries Russian Malware...
6
6

OT: Move to Illinois!
Be a contrarian! -- This message may be freely reproduced without limit or charge only via the Usenet protocol. Reproduction in whole or part through other protocols, whether for profit or not, is...
17
17

Likely impedence of this scenario?
Gentlemen, Can someone guestimate the likely z between the horizontal deflection plates of a CRO? The maximum PD between them from the sawtooth gen board is approx 130V according to the schematic. Can...
20
20

Flash website - end of an era
Over 10 years ago I started a website ( which I b uilt interactive flash programs to teach various engineering concepts. I In itially designed these programs to personally understand DSP and then to...
10
10