Subject Author Posted Replies

64-core processor, a dream cpu or a nightmare monster ? =DDDD
I am drooling over the idea of having a C64 =D Which in this case would be a C=computer 64=cores ! LOLOLOL. I really want a 64-core computer, which would be capable of 128 threads. I wanted such a...
4
4

Yahoo LTspice Shutting Down
Yahoo is terminating service on Oct 21. The LTspice group is moving to The migration is in process. The AllFiles folder may be missing some updates. Helmut tried to update the file but Yahoo refused...
5
5

Cut slot in metal enclosure door for ribbon keypad ?
We need to cut an acceptable-looking slot in the front door of a metal NEMA -4 enclosure, through which, we will route a 12-conductor ribbon cable (mem brane keypad). The enclosure is 16-gauge steel....
43
43

Free PDF Utilities
I have found a number of free utilities that may be of assistance to others. Can't read DOC or DOCX files? See Convert DOC to HTML Want to annotate PDF information? See Free PDF to HTML Comversion...
20
20

How do i select the right RAM?
This is an IBM / Lenono T43 laptop. The addon ram card suddenly failed after many years. Several times in the past year the computer would blue screen or lockup. Removing that ram card fixed it for...
7
7

Re: OT: Scary Graph
ZH does usually tend to look on the DOOM side, but in this instance that doesn't apply (to the graph at least) - it actually comes from Bloomberg. -- This message may be freely reproduced without...
87
87

via in pad
We're trying to decide on a new ST ARM chip. They come in 0.8 mm and 0.65 mm ball pitch. We are already comfortable with 0.8. The 0.65 is preferred by some parties here, as it has more I/Os; 140 vs...
13
13

Re: We need to do our Doo Doo Diligence and oust the stupid fellow
Those "super delegates" of Hitlary's didn't do her much good, did they? I hope she gets the Dem nomination for 2020 then gets her butt kicked once again in the election by Trump. It's not only the...
30
30

mineral oil removal/ DIY wax embedding?
Hi. I have an old project that had high voltage components under mineral oil, the container of which I discovered today was leaking. Since paraffin was originally recommended, I am in the process of...
34
34

Eddie Currents
Sounds like a minor mobster. See Fig 1. I remember when Electronic Design often made sense.
57
57

Are all fuses electrically the same?
In the mid 1900s it seems most fuses used in electronics and automotive were the glass with metal end types. Usually called AGC. Now a lot of fuses are made of plastic and have a curved element...
7
7

Catch up

Increasing EL inverter drive power
Not sure if the EL material I have available is less efficient than how it used to be back in the day, but this inverter circuit: Can't drive some replacement EL material (the material tends to itself...
8
8

Amplifer Design
Greetings, gentlemen, This is the schematic of the CRO x-amplifier I've been investigating lately. It's supposed to provide sufficient potential difference to the x plates in the tube so as to sweep...
59
59

Running ethernet over Van Damme 268-307 6 x 75 ohm cable
Hello All, For complicated reasons I have this cable in place. It was installed 20 years ago and is inaccessible except at the ends. Total length is about 20m. I have not found data on it but there is...
14
14