Subject Author Posted Replies

Spot the Design Error
Hi to all my pals, a certain "design genius" here called John thinks any clever engineer can quickly decide if a design is good or otherwise by assessing only a schematic. I say that is bollocks,...
72
72

Disposing of a Lithium-Ion Car Starter that Looks Like It's about to Explode
I have one of these: . Long out of warranty. I was using it yesterday and afterward noticed that the case was being pushed open by a swelling battery. I opened the case and indeed the battery is very...
11
11

OT Severance agreement, NDA, per diem pay?
Hi all, Well talking with an attorney was a good thing. The rather vague NDA was changed to the following. "That Mr. Herold will not reveal any Trade Secrets of TeachSpin. ? Trade Secrets? include...
29
29

OT: Virus Parasite Discovered?
Well I'll be! (this is strictly *biological* not computer-related) -- This message may be freely reproduced without limit or charge only via the Usenet protocol. Reproduction in whole or part through...
18
18

Ft doubler
We had a rainy weekend here and I decided to spend some time simulating Battjes' Ft doubler and to compare it with a more ordinary differential cascode amplifier with similar gain and bias conditions....
5
5

For audophiles
Needed a bit stable headphone amp for my Sennheiser HD201. Lots of long audio cables from various sources with varying impedances around in the house.. OK, maybe LM380 (yes old days) or LM386, make a...
43
43

OT: Electronic Design!
In a surprise change from the usual topics discussed in this group, I'm posting a question about electronic design! Win kindly reposted this enhanced schematic of an amplifier board I've been...
17
17

DC transformer, x-Chapters 9x.16
x-Chapters 9x.16, about DC transformers, AKA bus converters. It's a synchronous dc-dc converter, with in/out voltage ratio set by a fixed switching duty cycle. Like ac transformers, they transfer...
16
16

World's worst multimeter
The Vion.... Wow. Makes a $2 job look impressive. NT

DC transformer
Read carefully. It seems I have always underestimated the technological progress... :-) Best regards, Piotr
50
50

OT: Folder Options (XP)
Initially, I always have to set each folder the way i want: details, and type column zero. So, why do i have to (ranDUMBly) fiddle with a previously set folder? Most of the time, the type column is...
31
31

ideas on wire feedthrough sealing of oil filled HV device?
So I decided to use mineral oil once again for my HV transformer device after debating and even trying paraffin. However, this time I want to be sure my wires passing through the PVC junction box are...
11
11

OT: Monarch Butterflies need your help
Got an email saying Monarch Butterflies need our help, and asking for donations. A better solution: plant and encourage milkweed flowers. This year we had not only non-native, but also indigenous...
5
5

OT: all animals need 37 seconds to pee
Years ago I read a study, which showed that all animals, whether large or small, need 37 seconds to pee (fully empty their bladder). When I take our dog out for his nightly emptying, and he only takes...
27
27

what can I use as a empty space "filler" in wax potted circuit?
Ok, so, after careful consideration, I decided on using the recommended 50/50 mixture of beeswax and rosin to pot my two transformers. However, to save costs, I was originally going to try using a...
13
13