Subject Author Posted Replies

Good Electronics podcast
Hi Been listening to this podcast the last month, quite good: Over 450 1 hour shows, some better than others Cheers Klaus
9
9

Super Simple Solar Energy
I think about doing a lot of things that I never actually undertake. And S olar Collectors are one example of this. Seems like a good project, but it also seems like a bunch of work. So another idea...
168
168

perfect flexible cable
It seems I'm always looking for better flexible cable to hookup sensors, etc. The standard offerings by Alpha and Belden are so unsatisfactory. But then I discovered a 10-foot length of nearly perfect...
11
11

LED boost driver question
There are a number of different inexpensive boost ICs of this style: for constant current driving LED strings from e.g. LiPo battery. Any problem with chip of that type having say two strings of...
16
16

QQintl and foreign supplier coms
Anyone tried to set up a QQintl account lately? QQintl2.11 file version 1.91.1369.0 doesn't seem to offer access to registration, or issuance of QQID, without which subsequent operation of the...

OT: Even a rat can do it
Even a rat can do it, Mr Elon :-) from: Electronic design is next :-) All neural nets
1
1

Always 30 years off...
Well, they are finally going to make a "Mr. Fusion". Hehehe.. No, really... a compact fusion reactor may be close. So... set up 100 of them on a slab and how many does it take... to match a steam...
10
10

to vacuum or not to vacuum... HEI epoxy potting?
My latest tests on paraffin itself are showing that it may not hold up well if the environmental temperatures vary too widely. On tests of small blocks, I have ended up with two cracked ones after...
45
45

high-voltage transformer
My 1:1 high-voltage transformer is coming along well. This is to make 5V, 12V, or whatever at high voltages. I'll be using it at 6kV, but it's passing tests at 9kV, and I'll do a weekend at 11kV...
10
10

Need some help, what is percentage US voltages on 115V, 208V WYE, 240V?
Hi I am working on a US variant on a small pump (below 75W) But, I am unable to find the percentage of distribution of different US mains voltage My guess is that most is 115V, but I have also heard...
156
156

How to compute base biasing resistor for class C amplifier
Could some electronics guru here please tell me how to compute the base biasing resistor for class C amplifier. From the Vce-Ice- load line graph, the Q point has to be below the horizomtal axis,...
9
9

OT: Making bigger wind-turbines 5.6MW now, 12MW soon.
IEEE Spectrum published this piece recently Individual wind turbines go up to 5.6MW at the moment, should hit 10MW shortly, and 12MW isn't much further away. The article contemplates what a 100MW wind...
82
82

Generic Drugs, There's A Reason They're So Cheap
Drugs are nothing if not properly manufactured, and that includes lots and lots of in-process testing. At the Cleveland Clinic, as ?Bottle of Lies? chronicles, he art transplant patients whose...
17
17

RGB LED
This seems to be a multi-vendor common footprint for RGB LEDs, a PLCC6 package. It's nice in that the diode connections are independent, so one can use any handy drive circuit. The blues generally...
31
31

Sinc weirdness
I just came across a weird fact involving sinc functions, which everyone here will have seen and used at one time or another. They're used all the time in signal processing mathematics. We all know...
19
19