Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking for old Oak Industries catalog - around 1973
Anyone have a collection of Oak Industry parts catalogues for old style switches? I am trying to find the part number for a switch used in the early 70s to enable me to possibly track some of these...
11
11

Class E amplifier question
Here is a question for all electronics gurus here. Can a class E amplifier be termed efficient - given the shunt capacitor from BJT collector to ground, which is an AC short -- unless the capacior...
4
4

Repair job bounce
Hi to all my loyal followers, ----------------------------- The term "bounce" is applied when an item that has been recently repaired is brought back for a similar or repeat failure. Mostly it's a...
43
43

Using LEDs as photovoltaics
An old abandoned requirement has re-surfaced... If I wanted to use some series LEDs, illuminated by more LEDs to generate a small amount of isolated power - say to turn on a MOSFET not particularly...
51
51

Dodgy App Note Cct.
Hi to all my admirers, ---------------------- this app note from TI / Burr Brown has a problem. See page 8, figure 5. It shows an InAmp acting as the interface to a microphone at the end of a cable...
23
23

stun gun acquisition and testing
Ok, this post is for all the people making a big fuss when I asked about stun gun components. I got ahold of one this week called VIPERTEK VTS-881, a small red unit with a claimed "35 billion" volts....
23
23

PCB under vacuum
My son, in his college senior year is doing some research, a machine failed today while he was using it. They have 5 defective pcbs, so apparently it has happened before. The pcb is placed in a -7 tor...
31
31

LT Spice plot axis question
Are there command lines to change the waveform axes? I want to do a frequency sweep with y-axis in volts, in a fixed range. The HELP isn't much help. I can do it manually, every time I do a run, but...
4
4

Chinese Fiber Laser
So we just took delivery of our new Chinese fiber laser (for etching and ma ybe light-duty cutting operations). I believe it is a 50-watt unit. We got it going and was able to mark a few nameplates,...
5
5

A bit of help with a crystal oscillator
I have read a lot of stuff on this topic but find it hard to apply it. I have a 25MHz xtal. For example Kyocera CX3225GB25000P0HPQZ1. The spec says typ drive level 10uW, 100uW max. The oscillator...
67
67

Re: Getting electrocuted in bathtub
Errm, why do you want to know?... Mike.
118
118

Re: What wories me
Most likely South America, large portion of Africa, Mexico etc. will survive relatively unharmed. Nothing interesting to nuke there. So will smaller towns. A global disaster -- yes, for sure, risk to...
5
5

OT Thinking out loud
Hi All, Well I moved my stuff out of my PPOE yesterday. (Along with a signed severance agreement, thanks for the attorney suggestion.) Big sigh of relief... 'ahhh'. (and also some sadness, I'm leaving...
31
31

poking rs232 port BMS
I've got a battery management unit that is reluctant to demonstrate functionality. The vendor's terminal com software seems non-functional (will not install). So far the only evidence of life is a...
13
13

OT: how activate Office 2003
Will not activate over web (1st option given), and phone number (2nd option) is not functional. Help??
7
7