Subject Author Posted Replies

Is this a parabola?
It looks like a good focus if not long. But does it follow y=ax^2 as I understand it? If not a parabola, does it still focus as much energy as a true parabola. Why would the compressed air...
45
45

Amazon parts and shipping
Amazon's one day shipping can be nice if you need certain parts they have for something quickly, however lately they've been failing to deliver on express shipments about 50% of the time, here. Once...
21
21

2 Pin VS 3 Pin Gas Discharge Tubes
I'm looking at Gas discharge tubes, I see 3 pin and 2 pin, but I don't find any schematic about how to connect them. My basic use is across a resistor at the end of a antenna wire or across a feed...
9
9

modern flyback cross reference?
I am looking into making a circuit that will essentially use a high current flyback transformer. I'd like to use the one here: However, after ordering from this firm in the past, after I received the...
8
8

OT: red meat is bad for you and bad for the planet...
Today's PNAS had one of those meta-studies It covers 15 food groups, five aspects of agriculturally driven environmental degradation and five health categories. Much too complicated for those of our...
97
97

Naval cord passing conciousness to infant (Or passing information/software to new computer)
I wonder what it would take to put some software on some new computer with minimal complexity. What I came up with was some simple cord to pass digital information into the new computer with some...
3
3

solder smoke remover finally completed!
Took forever to wait on the broken fan for containment of the charcoal, but it's finally done and filtering the air well. I feel confident that with the wet filters and the activated charcoal, it will...
4
4

OPAx322
I've been doing some designs operating off low supply voltages lately, 2-2.5 volts. The OPAx322 series is a really nice amp. 20 MHz, RRIO, 10 v/usec, runs down to 1.8 volts. They come off the rails...
13
13

OT: WARNING: Amazon *forcing* "prime" on customers.
Remember, "prime" costs money EVERY month whether you use it or not. TINSTAFFL. In the past, the tried 3 times to stop that, saying that i did not ask for it. That worked. Was told to select shipping...
50
50

Edge/side emitting LED
I'm looking for a SMD LED that I can use as a power/activity LED. This needs to be PCB mounted but visible through a hole in the case. Are there any stock solutions that peeps use here?3
17
17

The Light bulb Cartel
It was named the Phoebus Cartel. Phoebus 1. Greek Mythology Apollo, the god of the sun. 2. The sun. "it engaged in large-scale planned obsolescence to generate repeated sales and maximize profit."...
57
57

Space-grade CPUs: How do you send more computing power into space?
Nice. long article: where it goes Space-grade CPUs: How do you send more computing power into space?
25
25

Colpitts kick-start in LT Spice
The 100-second interval, before the kick-start, does all sorts if fun stuff, but doesn't seem to want to oscillate. It's super sensitive to time step and Spice params. Version 4 SHEET 1 1348 680 WIRE...
44
44

Position of interference filter
Not the usual cutting-edge electronics, I'm afraid. I have a tumble drier which consistently trips the RCD (UK voltage). This does not seem to be an uncommon fault, but in this case happened when the...
4
4

Posted to wrong group, ignore
Ignore original message, unless, of course, you know the answer. Thank you, 73, -- Don Kuenz KB7RPU There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light; She set out one day In a...