Subject Author Posted Replies

For concrete, climate change may mean a shorter lifespan
Article is five years old. Subject matter greatly expanded since. Nothing subjective about it any more, it is quite definitive. CO2 reacts with Fe in steel reinforcement causing expansion and...
17
17

Want to end congestion? Put a price on our roads
A 26-lane highway at $3 gigadollars that actually increases commute time by up to 50% ??? Hats off to Houston and their Katy Freeway! Ban the use of the very word, freeway, make it tollway. The days...
20
20

Nexperia F/F problem
I have a test circuit for some single flip flops, I'm testing a TinyLogic NC7SZ74: And Nexperia 74LVC2G74: It's just a divide-by-2 circuit, not-Q to D, preset and clear pulled high. With some...
15
15

Mains power puzzle
Hi to all my pals, on the bench I have a US made, bass instrument amplifier (Eden) in near new condition. It uses a 600VA toroidal tranny in the PSU. The "T5A" 20mm AC fuse installed was blown and...
97
97

Kill Youtube Ads
Youtubers often get carried away with ads, hoping to turn your patience into dollars. Some make you sit through the entire ad until it is finished. Others break your concentration so you forget what...
12
12

ecl comparator hysteresis
I'm going to use an ADCMP565 ecl-out comparator. The latch enable pins can be used to program hysteresis. On the A section, the hyst pins are sometimes called LEA and LEA, and in fig 6, LE and LEB....
35
35

OT: what it seems to take to live tobe 110.
Interesting paper in this week's Proceedings of the (US) National Academy of Sciences Apparently the 110-year-olds looked at had a much higher proportion of "killer" T-cells (about 25%) than younger...
6
6

Buck-fed push-pull simulation
Hi, it is pretty difficult to find something useful about a buck-fed push-pull design, so below is my LTspice simulation of the core circuitry. I hope it will be useful for somebody. Any improvements...
20
20

inverting switcher
I have +12 from a wart, and I need -1.2 and -5 to power some analog stuff and ECL. I can do this Problem is, I don't want to run Tina and there is no LT Spice model. It may go into burp mode at my...
14
14

Handleiding/fotos onvolledig voor trekschakelaar geen informatie over metalen tussen stuk clipjes ?!
Mijn broer heeft een zelfde soort unit gekocht: Wat niet gefotografeert is maar wel heel erg belangrijk zijn twee aparte me talen clippen. Die waarschijnlijk tussen aansluiting 6 en 8 geplaatst dienen...
2
2

EAGLE questions
1) Have a board that i have been working on and it is saved. Changed the package of a part used on the board. How can i "apply" that change to all of the places where that part is? 2) In DRC comments,...
8
8

CPU with FPGA
I was poking around looking for FPGA chips in packages that work optimally for me and I found a couple of new companies that are making CPUs with FPGA fabric that aren't monsters like the Zync from...

Here's Johnny!
Hahahahahahah!
35
35

Another Cuk build
This is actually a rebuild of a module I did a couple years ago. It's based on my discrete flashlight PCB, which is a simple average current mode boost controller. The original: The control board is...
5
5

US8 package prototyping
I have some TinyLogic flip flops in the US8 package, having a very hard time prototyping with them. Pin spacing seems to be just a lil smaller than TSSOP-8 so even with magnification I'm having a...
15
15