Subject Author Posted Replies

Christmas Weather report
There wont be any weather this Christmas. No snow, no rain, no wind, no sunshine, no clouds, no storms, and no temperature. Santa claus will take control of the weather completely.

TI deadtime generator
It seems they took Win's circuit way too carelessly: According to the schematic, they use SN75LVC2G14 as the Schmitt trigger. The datasheet says V_T+ is 2.2--3.7V (@5.5V), while V_T- is 1.4--2.5V and...
11
11

photodiode
This is a Hamamatsu deep-UV (190 nm) photodiode. They neatly avoid UV absorption in the window by not having a window. https://www.dropbox.com/s/wm3a3cpxa8tcarg/S8551_1.JPG?raw=1
4
4

Silicon detector response at 1064nm
I know that the tempco of a Si photodiode is very low up until the point th at the responsibility begins to drop (about 950 nm for a Hamamatsu S1336 di ode). At 1064nm there is about a .6% / degree C...
7
7

nice planet
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc lunatic fringe electronics
3
3

Innovations in CPU Heat Sinks
Water Cooling is DEAD. Meet the THERMOSIPHON! by Linus Tech Tips
12
12

Re: Gerber print driver
Indirect method would be intercept the Gerber to HPGL output stream and then feed it into a rasterising image application and print from there. You could always write one.
5
5

Ultra-efficient bucks
I have been recently working on my current-fed converter. Its only advantage is that it works, but not exactly as advertised. This circuit deserves a separate autopsy thread, but the scope for some...
21
21

Wireless keyboard
I've got a Logitech K400+ wireless keyboard that came with a tiny USB stick that can hardly be even called a stick, because it sticks out only about 1/4" from the USB connector. This supposedly makes...
12
12

OT: check my mathematics
Send your true love a bigger tree while you're at it
3
3

Class G amplifier efficiency
Could some electronics guru here clarify this a bit ? The efffiiciency definition for an amplifier is Power delivered to load/DC power supplied by power source The Dc power supplied from power supply...
21
21

Surface mount and creepage
I'm not concerned about the isolation between the low voltage and high voltage sides, but how is this thing supposed to meet functional creepage requirements on the high voltage side to block 800V...
21
21

Re: Cheap Chinese BJT
I'm sorry, when the price of a full reel drops to $10, don't buy in. Pay a bit more for a stable known product. Hottech's semi's are probably fine, but it's not worth it.

MicroCap Is Now Free
Seems the author has retired and the product is free to use, as in beer. Still not open source. Maybe later.
2
2

ot opening day
Tahoe Donner is finally opening today. Sugar bowl has been partially open for a week or so. It's been warm and wet in California, more rain than snow. The weather here is very erratic from year to...
52
52