Subject Author Posted Replies

benchtop CO2 laser
We make a lot of electro-optical things that are packaged in little extruded boxes. We do the artwork for, and order, polycarb stickers to go on the top of the box. That works but has some overhead....
57
57

MOSFET: why is it called Miller plateau?
Hi, many papers explain the MOSFET's gate-source charging curve, especially the plateau part of it, by the Miller effect. Sometime this is even briefly called "the Miller plateau". But why? To my...
27
27

FFC connectors in a T&M instrument, good or bad idea?
I'd like to get people's opinion/experience on FFC connectors and cables us e in Test & Measurement instruments (so the small size of FFC connectors is not really an advantage). Is it a good idea vs...
11
11

STM 32F4xx - a general Q on I/O pins and AF config
There is a lot of this on various forums but few clear answers. Let's say you set up PA9 to be an output. Then you set AF10 for that pin (alternate function 10 - USB FS). In this mode that pin is used...
4
4

900 tanks of (electrons)
Our home's solar roof has made about 45 MWh of electrons, which we pushed into the grid (and pulled back out). For electric vehicles with 50 MWh batteries, that's 900 tanks, or 900 fillups, from our...
52
52

Analog XOR gate
Is there a useful mathematical way to describe the "gain" of an XOR gate on analog inputs from a large-signal perspective, on periodic signals? Two periodic signals of some fundamental frequency and...
18
18

OT not pro gun, but very smart about how laws are an invasion
80
80

12V Car Battery Protector
Hi, I guess this device likely uses a 1mOhm Rds(on) nfet with a gate driver since it can operate as a low side or high side switch, controlled by a microcontroller. It has a 10ms rated current of...
2
2

Schottky diodes for RF application
Could someone here shed some light on this ? I am experimenting with envelope detection at RF frequencies with SPICE. The mixer is a simple SPICE B signal source as B0 3 4 V(1)*V(2) where 1, 2 are the...
3
3

Restorations
This guy has no squeaky voice. In fact, he does not speak at all.

OT: Low Flow Toilets and Sinks
It's not me. It's the Prez complaining about flushing 10 to 15 times and not being able to wash his hands. Remind me not to shake hands with him. Clearly he is making this a campaign issue to appeal...
18
18

Remember The Apollo Program
Remember the Apollo Program. Truly inspiring: The Rocket That Took Us To The Moon (54:16) We need big challenges that capture the imagination, and leaders who can take us there.
165
165

Fairy Lights PWM Part 2
Follow up from the thread Oct 2019 Minimising EM noise from PWM switched fairly lights? Hi folks, Recap - this is an educational project for my son to drive some existing garden LED fairy lights from...
15
15

OT: Sherlock Holmes Elementary Introduction Error
A long time ago I noticed a small discontinuity in the introduction sequence of the TV show, Elementary. It has to do with the revolvers. It occurred to me to look to see if anyone else noticed it and...
1
1

measuring rail currents on a board
This is hard to do if you didn't include a shunt resistor or something. It's not so bad if you can measure a trace resistance and voltage drop, but big power pours shoot that down. One way is to...
38
38