Subject Author Posted Replies

VHD (virtual harddisk image) in MS-DOS 6.22 ?
Would be cool if virtual harddisks images (vhd's) could be mounted in ms-dos. Did a little google, but doesn't seem like there is any ms-dos based utility or driver for it... Hmmm... Bye for now,...

Creative X-Fi Elite Pro 7.1 soundblaster drivers for MS-DOS 6.22 ?
Hello, (See last line for my question in case you want to skip my story so far :)) I am a little into "retro mode" right now. Copieing files from Pentium 166 to IOMEGA ZIPDRIVE, HAHA ! =D Via parallel...
3
3

OT: All cars electric..
Hmmm . . . . Food for Thought Snow, Traffic Jams and Electric Cars - has anyone thought about it? If all cars were electric ... and were caught up in a three hour traffic jam? With dead batteries -...
160
160

RF is horrrible
If a data sheet for a 50 ohm MMIC specs low-frequency input return loss as 20 dB, the input impedance might be 61 ohms, or it might be 41 ohms. S11 tables might be absolute, in dB, or in negative dB....
87
87

LTSpice query
Greetings, gentlemen, The image below is how I've been representing variable resistors in LTS for like ever. But this circuit fragment - because it contains a disproportionately large number of...
9
9

Prevent software from running on new computers or virtual machines.
Hi, Let's suppose you want to create software that can only run on old computers and not on new computers and not on virtual machines ?! What kind of programming tricks would you use to try and avoid...
80
80

Renewable Energy strikes again
18
18

A quiet forward converter likes only one MOSFET -- why?
Hi, I have been trying to build a low-power multiple-output converter that has no regulation at the secondary side. Its purpose is to power many floating MOSFET drivers, so a reasonably too low...
18
18

Video: Skynet ? on a Pentium 166 from 1997 ?
Video: Skynet ? on Pentium 166 from 1997 ? I may need some help to retrieve these files from this Pentium 166 ?! I will try my own udp file transfer tool later and use network technology. Problem...
4
4

pcb pours maybe
Can you see this? Dropbox has got weird on me. It un-synced all of my PCs, which means I have to reconnect each one, create a new Dropbox folder, and download all my files again, which can take hours.
5
5

Any want to call me names and degrade me?
Phil Allison hasn't posted for 30 days. I kind of miss having someone around that lacks all social grace, as long as I don't really have to pay any attention to them. Anyone have any info? Mikek
39
39

high voltage charge pump
Anyone familiar with a high voltage charge pump designed as a step down power supply? The voltage is between 175 & 200. Numerous high voltage versions exist using inductors, (Onsemi has one that is...
73
73

impedance meter to test car battery
Hi, For a 12V lead acid car battery, at 12.6V and a measured internal impedance of 9mOhms, is that enough info to accurately estimate the CCA of the battery, or should a battery load tester be used?...
56
56

Excellon coordinates DIFFERENT than Gerber?
Coordinates look like the x offset and Y offset are different, and the scales are different for the Excellon. Please explain. Same holes.. Excellon file (test_DrillsHoles.XLN): % M48 M72 T01C0.0197...
14
14

Gerrymandering sucks, just like Whoey Louie
He says it is not happening. He is full of shit. The electoral college is lame.