Subject Author Posted Replies

OT The universal number TWO!
HehehehehHAHHAHAHahaha!

geothermal solar thermal storage
Hi, Here is an interesting geothermal project: In the summer solar thermal collectors are used to heat the ground, and in the winter the heat is extracted from the ground: "The temperature of the...
41
41

BOXRoot Directory for Sandbox
I discovered a BOXRoot directory in the root of my C drive. It either wasn 't there the other day or has been hidden. Googling it talks about it bein g used for sandbox files. I use an AVS that...

CPU fan buck converter, miniature
I had finished a new PCB version of my compact 250A analog pulser, with a newly-added CPU fan. The fan was powered with an 78L12, hey, there wasn't room for much else. But it was obvious its 300mA...
32
32

OT: A Possible Second Disease to be Eradicated from the Earth!
I just read about a disease caused by infection by the parasite Dracunculus medinensis, called Guinea worm disease. It infects those drinking unfilte red surface water. There is no cure for the...
13
13

The x-Chapters: A missing topic!
I am just reading the first page of the "The x-Chapters" When I read the line: "PWM for dc motors - a myth demolished" a thought pop out of my brain: There is something missing: The peltier element -...
2
2

Ping John Larkin, Phil Hobbs etc. re books
Been lurking on this news group for many years. I thought the two gentleme n mentioned above (and others) could give me advice regarding disposition o f technical books. I have probably over a 1000...
10
10

My own private idaho (self employ)
So I've been in this kinda dark place... partly due to BS from my PPoE. (need not be discussed) But that looks to finally be behind me! I went down to visit with Phil H. for a day, (wonderful...
72
72

Negative 48 Volts DC
Is anyone willing to explain Negative 48 Volts DC? I'm trying to learn about it because we're using it for a few things at work (servers and switch equipment) and I'd like to better understand what...
80
80

klunky pc board
This accepts four transformer secondaries on the left, faston tabs, and switches the windings with relays, in four combinations of series and parallel. Output is on the right, both fastons and a...

2 component negative feedback oscillator and voltage "multiplier"
Problems are: Spice version does not oscillate, and Spice LED voltage is not 3V. Go buy the Dollar Tree LED Flashlight and Lantern Combination SKU: 286458 and see (do not forget it needs one AA cell)....
35
35

2.4mm 50GHz coax cables
Does anyone know where to find inexpensive 2.4mm coax cables? They can run over $2,000 for a simple 2ft cable. Here's an example: One of the least expensive I have found is CentricRF at $150: It turns...
51
51

Semi-OT: New "White Van Speaker Scam" has evolved for the 21st century
Looks like a nice high-end surround system by a reputable mfgr, the web site is well put-together: There are glowing reviews promoted at the top of the Google results: Links to units for sale on eBay...
2
2

Online Dictionaries Suck
I was reading about the new coronavirus and the article talked about homolo gues in the context of the RNA coding for several proteins which have no kn own "homologues". I tried looking up the word to...
17
17

Bonus for engineers, is that done?
Let?s say you?re a standard paid engineer Let?s say you put in an extraordinarily effort and saves your compa ny +20 million dollars per year A sales guy would be getting an enormous bonus, but are...
68
68