Subject Author Posted Replies

SuperSpice install under Parallels yields a broken .lnk file
It's been a long time, but I'm tooling up to design and build a small impulse magnetizer, based on an old patent (US 4,258,405) done up with SCRs and silicon diodes (versus the original ignitrons)....
2
2

OT: Electronic vs. Traditional Information Sources
Sadly this will go completely over the heads of some of the posters here, but for the benefit of the others, here is the danger when you give up your possession of the physical hard copy of your...
14
14

Climate of Complete Certainty
FYI. On the ongoing Climate Change debate, I recently ran across a relevant opinion piece in the New York Times, originally published on April 28, 2017. . Brett Stephens moved mid-career from the Wall...
119
119

DIY reflector paint
Hi I have a prototype setup where I need to turn a 145 degree intensity field from a LED into a parallel field There is no readily available lenses so I was thinking about 3D printing PLA to make a...
31
31

Re: OT: USPS, the only company that doesn't automatically give a receipt?
Many stores ask, and you don't get one unless you say yes. What's weird is that some go ahead and print one anyway and throw it away, as you watch.
3
3

OT: Getting climate change under cotrol.
The lasts Proceedings of the (US) National Academy of Sciences has an intereswtign article It's about the social changes that will be needed to stop us making too big a mess of the planet over the...
20
20

No jackscrews
??u???p ??? ?o ?u?su?puo? ? su??? ??n?u?nQ? ?????u? ?n?u?nb ?o ????u? ??uos ?o s?s?suo? ss?usno??suo? ??u?pu?dx?-ss?usno??suo? ??? no? '?? plno?s ?oH ????l ?n?u?nb ?o uo?s?? ?u?u????? u? ?o ??o?s...
5
5

Playing with dice
SiC JFETs from United SiC are very useful, but the TO247 package is very large. The dice are very small at about 1.1mm square. Is it beyond riches to have say a hundred dice packaged in SOT-223, are...
6
6

Confusing wording?
Gentlemen, I came across this instruction in a service manual and for some reason find it hard to understand its meaning. It's probably my fault, but I'd appreciate confirmation of that. :) The...
45
45

poor mans spectrometer.
So I want to look at the spectrum of led's (LD's below threshold) Lotsa light mostly. And say I have some diffraction grating. (real spendy one or just consumer CD.) And say I have just one detector...
13
13

Isolated, synchronous Cuk with dual primaries
If I have an isolated Cuk topology with dual primaries where both input voltages are floating, and I'd like to drive the single secondary from only one primary supply at a time, with the other shut...
7
7

OT: More on the CoronaVirus
52
52

kinda ugly glob-top
The parts keep wanting to crawl up to the surface and be visible. It takes multiple coating passes to really cover them. I guess I need to find an epoxy with ideal viscoscity, and find an automated...
8
8

iOS Gerber viewer?
I like using an iPad in the lab while testing a new design. It is easier t o find a place for it on my crowded bench than the notebook computer I used to use. Goodreader works well for keeping...
8
8

Home lab parts
Hi all, so this is a fun question. I'm buying a bunch of parts from mouser for a home lab. ('Cause they have the laser diodes I want.) So I favor through hole parts, (for proto-typing) R's, C's,...
83
83