Subject Author Posted Replies

Confusing wording?
Gentlemen, I came across this instruction in a service manual and for some reason find it hard to understand its meaning. It's probably my fault, but I'd appreciate confirmation of that. :) The...
45
45

poor mans spectrometer.
So I want to look at the spectrum of led's (LD's below threshold) Lotsa light mostly. And say I have some diffraction grating. (real spendy one or just consumer CD.) And say I have just one detector...
13
13

Isolated, synchronous Cuk with dual primaries
If I have an isolated Cuk topology with dual primaries where both input voltages are floating, and I'd like to drive the single secondary from only one primary supply at a time, with the other shut...
7
7

OT: More on the CoronaVirus
52
52

kinda ugly glob-top
The parts keep wanting to crawl up to the surface and be visible. It takes multiple coating passes to really cover them. I guess I need to find an epoxy with ideal viscoscity, and find an automated...
8
8

iOS Gerber viewer?
I like using an iPad in the lab while testing a new design. It is easier t o find a place for it on my crowded bench than the notebook computer I used to use. Goodreader works well for keeping...
8
8

Home lab parts
Hi all, so this is a fun question. I'm buying a bunch of parts from mouser for a home lab. ('Cause they have the laser diodes I want.) So I favor through hole parts, (for proto-typing) R's, C's,...
83
83

OT: Dr Stone(Head), mother of 2019 nCov?
In 2015, Dr Stone was studying CovonaVirus in bats and rats, She felt that the virus was too dumb; so, she decided to give it a helping hand. She injected the ACE2 gen coding into the virus, and a...
8
8

Neural network film enhancement
A neural network was used to enhance the film quality of "Arrival of a Train at La Ciotat", 1895 to 4k/60 fps:
12
12

pcb notes
Fusion, a 3D mechanical design thing sort of like Solidwords, now incorporates Eagle PCB layout. It makes very cute, possibly even useful, 3D images of PC boards. It's free to individuals and...
5
5

Commercial laser diodes
Hi all, Searching for commercial laser diodes. wavlength ~600- 900 nm, power ~100mW, price
12
12

Hanburry-Brown and Twiss (HBT), wave noise
Hi all, So another crazy idea of a project/ physics lab. I went looking on the web for a decent resource.. couldn't find one, so I made a little intro here, (I'm a little confused about some of the...
5
5

earphones and microphones
Every earphone manufactured nowadays (the type that inserts into the ear canal), seems to have a mic built into the cord. I'm looking for a set for music only, not phone use. I figure, the in-line mic...
6
6

no fast PNPs!
MMBTH81 is almost the last pretty fast, small PNP still standing. I need to clamp the swing of a fast positive logic level, so collector to ground base to +3 emitter to logic level
8
8

Anybody interested in Gigaworks S750 subwoofer ?
Hello, I am willing to sell my broken/dead Gigaworks S750 subwoofer for 25 euro's. Information about this device is here: Interested buyer will have to pick up the device in my street. Contact me at...
6
6