Subject Author Posted Replies

Better Rate of Growth Data
I have been collecting the data from the CDC which is dated to the estimate d time of infection. This data shows new infections being attributed to da tes up to a month ago. This both raises the...
84
84

Supply filters
I'm doing a miniaturized PMT replacement product that has to fit a pHEMT-bootstrapped front end, low noise PGA, variable ~50V MPPC bias supply, TEC controller, MCU, and serial communications into a...
18
18

Bored? Google Glomar Explorer
I'm stuck at home and getting bored. I thought if we can keep this thread going it might be fun. I am ex navy so the Glomar Explorer story hit home and made me a little sad. Google it, read it, and...
1
1

3904 (again)
A client came to me with a battery design that isn't meeting lifetime spec. The unit is a small transmitter to track people in hospital type environments. The circuit runs off of a 3v battery. There...
11
11

faston connector spacing
Our RIS-796 250-amp LED current pulser has been operated up to 1100A by Rob Legg, and is well suited to make shaped current pulses up to 750 amps. E.g., "8.3ms single half sine-wave" for "Peak forward...
2
2

Nope, No One at the Helm
Today Gov Cuomo said they have about 4,000 ventilators and have 7,000 more ordered. But they are going to need 30,000 more in the next 3 weeks. GM a nd Ford aren't going to be able to supply those. In...
26
26

Latency Graph
The CDC publishes data on the new infections each day tracked by the day th e person was originally infected. I didn't notice right away they provide this data each day in a one line table I can copy...
13
13

OT: Almost Made a Mistake
I would have sold all my Tesla stock in February when it reached 900. I so ld some earlier at 500 and then some at 900, but I want to pay capital gain s rather than regular tax, so the rest I had to...
2
2

OT Hoover biography
On some thread there was discussion of Hoover. I'm reading this nice review of a biography. It's a long but nice read. George H.

Protest Irony
Trump seems hell bent on minimizing damage to the economy rather than damag e to the population of the US. He is spouting the same rhetoric that Larki n does saying the doctors want to "shut down the...
7
7

orcad pspice complains about simulation server
"failed to connect to the pspice simulation server" I can't even view it. This is before I try to simulate. I limit myself to .CIR files that I have already simulated. Am I the only one? Does a demo...
3
3

good books for lockdown reading
I just finished Night Witches by Bruce Myles, which was pretty good. Mo doesn't usually like my kind of books, but I think she'll like that one. Sort of an aerial combat chic flick. It would make a...
51
51

One of my favorite critters
These guys are stranger than I previously thought.
8
8

US COVID-19 Infections Back on Track
Saturday we had a bit of good news in that the new infection rate was lower than Friday. But Sunday's rate was back close to the 3 day doubling trend. We'll see what Monday brings. So we are back to...
7
7

Weird Al Coronaching Coronaching
Thought I would give yankovivh style a shot. Very strange song... Very electric! Oddly hardly any lyrics changes even need to be made. Prophetic! Bum bum bum bum bum bum... bum bum, bum bum... Ooh, my...