200 volt SPDT solid state switch needed

I need a SPDT solid state switch that can handle 200 volts on one pole and 0 volts on its other and be switched by TTL. I have up to 10 mA available to drive the switch. Switch output current is low (< 1 mA) and switching speed can be slow (1 msec). Ideally, 4 or 8 on one chip would be nice instead of wiring up many of these from individual components. Are there any high side/low side or half-H bridge "drivers" that can handle 200 volts ?

Reply to
Steve

At only 1mA, I think there are high voltage optoisolators that will work already. Not sure if they make them bidirectional; if you're only switching DC, that's not a problem.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Williams

Dionics? Clare?

I think NEC or somebody has SPDT solid-state relays.

I like using totem-pole optoisolators for slow stuff like this, but they wouldn't hit your density targets.

John

What's the load like? If not too much, perhaps one of the Supertex high voltage analog switches might work...

-f

Reply to
cassiope

John,

Are there any totem-pole optoisolators with 200 V capability ?

I have looked at some optically isolated solid state relays (OptoMOS, PhotoMOS, etc) that have two single pole outputs with one being NO and the other NC. My concern is their make-before-break action (crow-bar possibility) when arranged as SPDT. The PS7141-1C showed a spike on the power supply. The Clare LCC110 and Panasonic AQW614 did not spike so they could work. I was wondering if there was an alternative multi-channel device or one with very low drive requirement.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Load is a piezo actuator drawing < 1 mA.

The Supertex devices are SPST not SPDT. The n>What's the load like? If not too much, perhaps one of the Supertex

Reply to
Steve

I've used MOC8204 as both a switch and a linear amp, up to 400 volts, but it's a single. There's likely a dual somewhere good for 200 volts, but you'd have to search for one.

Here's a totem-pole opto sort of thing:

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/FetDriver.jpg

John

Use a relay; it IS SOLID STATE: copper and iron.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Yabbut, it needs air too, that's another state! Or if you suck out the air, you've still got vacuum, which is another state!...

Don't know about eight pole relays though. Might be hard to find.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Williams

Michael A. Terrell

Reply to
Steve

Reed relays are one class that can handle that...

Reply to
Robert Baer

At a lifetime of 100M operations the reed relay would last just over a day.

Regards Ian

Reply to
Ian