18500 Battery Clip Holder Box Case

I have looked all over but can not find a battery holder for 18500 batteries.

Some places list this, 18650 17500 18500 Battery Clip Holder Box Case, but is misleading because all these batteries are different lengths.

Seems if they make 18500 batteries, someone ought to have made a holder ?

Thanks, Andy

Reply to
Andy K

It might be more helpful if I show you a trick I use to find such things. Use Google Image Search to look for "battery holder 18500" or similar description: Then, look at the images for something close. That will usually lead to a manufacturers or vendors web pile. However, in this case, I also failed to find anything specific for an 18500 battery. Sorry.

If PCB mounted, you can build your own holder using clips: With an insulating PCB, you use these to create your own holder:

If desperate, use an 18650 battery holder, and insert a 15 mm thick conductive shim.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

I went and got a spring and cut some aluminum to make my own shim.

Thanks for the links.

I will look up a project board to solder them to.

Andy

Reply to
Andy K

Tried MPD?

Precision electronic instrumentation

The problem was that pictures usually do not show dimensions.

18500 are same length as AAs but they are wider.

Andy

Reply to
Andy K