Subject Author Posted Replies

– including these $150 beers
Tesla goons will buy anything – including these $150 beers • The Register Tesla goons will buy anything – including these $150 beers • The Register
4
4

chess and silicon scanners
The top chess programs now demolish the grandmasters. Scandals have developed, involving cheating, with players wearing hidden devices. Recently, the world champion lost a game, apparently agitated,...
3
3

Luton Airport flights suspended after large car park fire
I bet there were many BEVs in that garage. .<>Reminds me of Stavanger Airport in Norway a few years ago. Joe Gwinn All flights are suspended after a fire at a multi-storey car park that has up to...
83
83

Win11 repair
I just "upgraded" from Windows 7 to 11. The new PC is a lot faster running Spice. But the File Explorer is a horror. When I drag/drop a file, the cursor becomes a giant ugly icon. When I copy a file...
34
34

Looking for TCAD tool users
Has any member here used TCAD tools. I have downloaded the source code, compiled and tested the Archimedes(from and it is generating good results for simple devices as np diodes etc., I have also used...

AI and Pollination
This is from a couple years ago. The article mentions blueberries, almonds, and tomatoes. <> https://www.newsmax.com/scitech/robots-ai-farming/2021/07/09/id/1028081/...

How does ethernet work when disconnected and reconnected
Hi I have a problem with a Ethernet PHY that makes too much noise. We are digging into the problem, iterating on the very poor layout done, but the client is looking for a fix right now with now HW...
9
9

Another EV goes haywire!
Ban them! Brian Morrison says six-month-old car malfunctioned and would not go slower than 15mph on drive home from work Brian Morrison says six-month-old car malfunctioned and would not go slower...
38
38

Another Western monopoly gone: GaN semiconductors
GaN business amounts to circa 1 billion dollars. Now China has join the ranks of countries that can produce GaN semiconductors. Groetjes Albert On August 26th, China made a significant achievement in...
3
3

How to Achieve Proper Grounding - Rick Hartley - Expert Live Training (US)
This is way beyond anything I would do, but I expect some here can learn about PCB layout to minimize EMI. Mikek Join us and Learn How to Achieve Proper Grounding with Rick Hartley. Send us your...

decimating a delta-sigma ADC
There are some dynamite isolated d-s ADCs around. You give them a 20 MHz clock and they output a single clocked logic level whose duty cycle expresses the analog input. The data bit is "decimated",...
2
2

OT Einstein and Curie
It's the most wholesome thing you'll read all day. It's the most wholesome thing you'll read all day.
8
8

Before a person gives his laptop away and wants to erase all info/data
Is there a simple command that will wipe out all info/data?
10
10

I'm sticking with my nice, safe EV!
A woman hopping inside a Dodge Charger for a cigarette sparked an explosion that destroyed the car, burned down a significant portion of her home and left her with third-degree burns. How could a...
12
12

Nickel Hydrogen battery
gullible lunatics like Flyguy claiming that lithium ion batteries are too dangerous to use. one has to suspect that the guys behind this battery chemistry are spending a bit on propaganda. The...
16
16