Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: We thought we had just one genome. It turns out we have trillions.
Everybody's genome gets corrupted as it gets copied - not by all that much, but there are billions of cells involved. We known that since we've known that we had a genome.
1
1

Re: A cross-sea highway project between the cities of Shenzhen and Zhongshan in south China's Guangdong Province is one step closer to completion http://xhtxs.cn/OwT
On Wed, 29 Nov 2023 08:58:17 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs wrote: It will be built to bear the load of a lot of tanks.

cheap usb ("thumb") drives
The USB protocol only identifies 'mass storage device' characteristics, not read/write permissions. Any permission mechanism isn't standard (might work only on one filesystem type, or one vendor's...
3
3

Pulse stretcher circuit needed
So I have a SPLC that's infrequently outputting ~ 100uS positive-going pulses on a few pins, and on two of the lines I'd like to stretch that pulse out to blink an LED for the user to confirm...
7
7

Stability of phase shifted converters
Hello. I have built a phase shifted converter based in the UCC28951 from TI, but I have problems with stability. The load has built-in capacitors and the converter oscillates wildly. I have changed...
4
4

Re: 50 years of Analog Dialog
It's essentially application notes. Analog Devices produced goods ones, but even theirs weren't entirely reliable.

Cute HV breakdown tester
The price was irrestistible and I had low expectations about build quality but this pocket sized HV breakdown tester is proving surprisingly useful... <>Anyone else using them? piglet
2
2

Re: new x-ray machine
Thanks for the pics, looks really serious. > I can x-ray anything reasonable for > people. No bombs or cows or anything. > What about goats? Козички...
10
10

10BaseT1S/L
There's lots of press about the 2019 single-part 10BaseT1S & 1L standards. It's designed to replace 4-20mA systems via existing single pair cable. I'm wondering re: media converters to existing...
10
10

Re: Long term software update mechanism
I wouldn't want to rely on wireless ethernet - there's too much in there that could change over time to the extent that no then available device could talk to it. Preventing managers from causing...
5
5

Re: Go away spammers, go away from this usenet group, go away
And a a is definitely a spammer, though he seems to be too dumb to realise it.

Re: Geometric Mean
Yeah, once, on jury duty doing a compensation calculation, I noted that the square root of the product of the plaintiff's and defendant's suggested numbers was very close to what our tabulation...

Re: DeepMind AI accurately forecasts weather — on a desktop computer
On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 13:19:55 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs wrote: My wife is much better than any of the supercomputer models at predicting if it will rain tomorrow. Nothing artificial about her! But no...
1
1

ging climate than we thought
The 3x number isn't what's measured, however; at current (circa 1.5 C) warming, the measured plant uptake is about 1.1x over pre-industrial and if we don't go disastrously higher in warming we won't...

Re: Breakthrough Research Unveils True Cause of Battery Degradation
Sloman Rating: "on-topic" - science, 0
3
3