Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Storm hitting Chinese ports is a wakeup call for climate risk to markets
Bah. There is nothing new. Here is a citation dating from 1588: "concerning which Touffon ye are to vnderstand, that in the East Indies often times, there are not stormes as in other countreys; but...
3
3

Re: About 2 nm chips
Citation: "Today, terms such as “2 nanometer” and “3 nanometer” are widely used as shorthand for each new generation of chip, rather than a semiconductor’s actual physical dimensions." So I...
1
1

explain the physics
10
10

Other Designers' Designs
Gentlemen, Has anyone ever been baffled by the intended purpose or function of a certain sub part of a schematic? Something that defies your attempts to discern why it was included, notwithstanding...
14
14

capometer
Has anyone used the LT Spice capometer part?
1
1

Re: ee's without math
On Fri, 08 Dec 2023 08:05:09 -0800, John Larkin wrote: Maxwell's equations. That's where a lot of people decide it's not the life for them!
29
29

That time of year
The pcb houses and metal fab shops are sending us big boxes of chocolates. Why don't Digikey and Arrow do that?
4
4

Re: Infrasouhnds, infrasonic vibrations generated by wind turbines can be harmful to your health
One of the developers of the French system ended up getting paralysed by his invention. It is completely useless for military purposes because such low frequencies cannot be directed at a target with...
5
5

Re: India reveals it has returned lunar spacecraft to Earth orbit
On Wed, 06 Dec 2023 06:02:59 GMT, Jan Panteltje wrote: People have been putting things on the moon for over 60 years. It turns out to not be very useful. India can do this again by just applying...

Power Amplifier for 100kHz.
I'm not an analog design expert, but needs must. I recently adapted a Doug Self audio amplifier design for use on a 60V single supply, and to go up to 100kHz with a working ambient temperature of...
48
48

Re: OT: Automatic bike transmission
My dad had something like that on his Minneapolis Moline combine. The moveable parts of the pulleys were connected by an arm that would move them to keep belt tension consistent. I don't remember how...
1
1

Re: Europe and Asia moving ahead with workable hyperloop.
I think the safety aspects can be dealt with. After all commercial aircraft also keep their passengers safe in a hostile environment. The site has a severe lack of interesting facts! It´s mostly...
25
25

Bondic baby board
I want to stand a small PCB edgewise on a bigger board. It will reflow solder but we need to stand it up before we reflow. I tacked a board onto a board with Bondic, the UV-cure epoxy, and we ran it...

"Moding" in microwave transmission lines
Gentlemen, Can some kind soul define what is meant by "moding" in terms of microwave propagation - and is it a phenomenon not encountered at lower RF frequencies? Thanks, CD.
35
35

New type of geothermal power plant powers data centers in the desert
The novelty seems to be restricted to their using fracking techniques to get access to enough hot rock to let them collect a respectable amount of thermal power. That is new and does sound promising,...
2
2