120VAC mains in, 5 x 5V @ 5A each loosely regulated out

Whats the least expensive way to make a power supply which can supply five, 5V @ 5A outputs, continuously?

I wish it was a flyback SMPS with a hand wound transformer, but I have a feeling it would have to be a HUGE transformer.

Reply to
acannell

Five individual 5V 5A power supplies?

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

May not be the cheapest, but one of the easiest will be to buy a computer PSU with the 5V rail rated for at least 25A.

Reply to
Pimpom

--
Methinks he wants five _separate_ supplies.
Reply to

--
Buy is probably cheaper than make.
Reply to

Inter-isolated outputs?

RL

Reply to
legg

Its for simultaneously charging and balancing 5 lithium phosphate 3.7V cells. Using 5 seperate supplies makes the balancing much easier because you simply charge them independently until they all reach

4.2V. I say loosely regulated because Ill constant current voltage limited circuit to take the roughly 5 and limit it to 4.2V.
Reply to
acannell