120v to 220v conversion

I want to convert air conditioner from 120v to 220v. I heard we can change some parts inside. Can you show me the way to convert by youtube? Thank you so much in advance.

Sao Heng

Reply to
hengsao.adelaide

some parts inside. Can you show me the way to convert by youtube? Thank you so much in advance.

hmm Most likely you can not do that. I am pretty sure the compressor comes with only one voltage option.

You could however, use a transformer to step down the voltage to 120, but that would mean at least a 2KVA to be safe about it. Those most likely cost more than that are conditioner.

I don't think it's going to be a cost effective solution, it would be cheaper to buy a 230 volt unit.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

parts inside. Can you show me the way to convert by youtube? Thank you so much in advance.

--
240AC>---+  +--120AC
Reply to

some parts inside. Can you show me the way to convert by youtube? Thank you so much in advance.

Amazon has some 220 -> 110 or 110 -> 220 units. I bought a 1.5KVA for ~$65 US. I think I saw the same manufacturer's units in 2KVA and 3KVA. It is just a crappy 2 to 1 transformer after all.

Reply to
WangoTango