110 vs 240v microwave speed difference to heat up?

HI, I'm researching glass fusing using a microwave kiln. I want to check if a 240v microwave will heat up faster than a 110v. If this is the case, then the higher voltage microwave will need to be on a lower setting aka wattage to ensure the glass does not crack? thanks

Reply to
Chrissy W

What matters is the power output of the microwave, which from a design perspective is not dependent on the input voltage.

However, the only reason I can think of to make a 240V microwave is so that it'll deliver more power than you can make from what's available from a 120V socket.

Watts is watts. Volts is just details.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to