11 watt 1206 resistor

see also

makolber

I'm using a 3 amp SMB size schottly at under 3 amps, and it's too hot. It could be that my peak current is making the PN guard ring conduct, and then has reverse recovery dissipation. I've seen that happen before.

This cute little diode drops into the SMB footprint and runs a lot cooler. Sort of a skinny DPAK.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Tried them. Nothing in stock to try.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Use the chip itself as the heat sink for a high wattage LED. Well probably need a bigger for factor for that, but why have they not made an alumina heat sink base for these animals?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno