Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: the enigmatic zipper
On Fri, 19 Jan 2024 17:14:59 -0800 (PST), RichD
3
3

Re: Progess on marking spam.
I've now got back to the 24th October 2023, marking all the spam on the way. That involved marking some stuff that I'm pretty sure that I'd marked on previous passes, so it may need to be repeated...
10
10

Digikey data sheets
It feels like the Digikey data sheets are now often links off-site, and those links are now often broken or plain wrong or otherwise useless. Plus, most of the parts are unavailable or insanely...
5
5

Scientists make non-toxic quantum dots for shortwave infrared image sensors
More bs? Nature Photonics - Silver telluride quantum dots are employed in shortwave-infrared photodetectors and in monolithically integrated imagers that are free from toxic heavy metals and fully...
1
1

Unusual use of lithography - big glass meta lens
At least big compared to the size that high resolution lithography is usually done over. They have made a very impressive sheet glass metalens surface etched onto one side using classic chip making...

Re: Dirt Powered Fuel Cell
On Wed, 17 Jan 2024 09:54:13 -0800 (PST), Dean wrote: How many nanojoules are there in infinite energy?
4
4

Vegas sphere - no educational applications?
It seems odd that the Las Vegas sphere hasn't dipped into the programming that's accumulated for planetariums. A lot of the original planetariums have fallen into disrepair - education not being a big...
1
1

Re: frozen Teslas
Not crazy,just inconvenient. The article talks about having to tow a too-cold Tesla to a garage, which is also the sort of thing that can happen to a gasoline-powered car if somebody forget about the...
14
14

Re:frozen Teslas
Nimh are better at low temps, I wonder if the Prius has issues. Cheers

using a pi 400 to debug a pico
The Raspberry Pi pico has its 3-pin SWD debug port. I'd like to connect it to the 40-pin header on the back of the Pi400, to use the 400 as the dev/debug platform for some RP2040-based boxes. Has...
13
13

more modern connectors
I'm doing a bunch of boxes, in this same enclosure, I'd like to have all the boxes have an auxiliary connector, with a few analog and digital i/o's and such. I could use an ancient D9 connector, but...
4
4

nuclear battery
From Tomshardware site <>IF this isn't BS... Somebody in the free world needs to get off their asses! Chinese company Betavolt has announced an atomic energy battery for consumers, with a touted...
5
5

Satellite Radiation Dose Rate
I am seeking data on what radiation doses electronics on a satellites get in both low, and high, earth orbits. I need this in units of Gray (Gy), or rem. I know radiation exposure will change...
2
2

Re: Opinion: Why pushing STEM majors is turning out to be a terrible investment
John Larkin skipped most of his chemistry lectures at Tulane because he thought that that was a bad investment of his time. He might even had been right - making sense of chemistry needs more...
5
5

Re: Aviation safety is built on the 'Swiss cheese' model
If you don't reply to the idiots then some of us with active filters don't have to glance at the subject line... John :-#(#
1
1