1.8 volts (max)

He receives a small portion of that but there's apparently enough independent creative design work delegated out to young engineers in just working on a small area of the design of a new chip, that it's not just a layout-jockey job where you're desperate to get away after two years.

Reply to
bitrex

I would ask how much longer they give up on the massive bandwidth interface s to the few other chips on the motherboard and just incorporate the memory and other logic on the CPU. What is still needed for I/O? I think the Et hernet could be done on the CPU along with all the USB interface functions leaving only the display and the various I/Os types for package I/Os. In o ther words, a PC on a chip.

But I know the answer to that one and it doesn't include an Intel CPU, it i s based on an ARM.

--
  Rick C.

  -- Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
R Collins

The Xeon line already integrates Ethernet on a number of chips

Reply to
bitrex

Could well be. LTC6242 allows you to apply the extrahigh tension of

+/-5.5V only in the HV variant. Interesting times we live in.

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
DSP newbie

Back in the early '90s, I helped out with a Clark board (*) problem. It had large copper angle iron bus bars: +3 and -1.6 (?) volts at 8000 amps.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

(*) A very large, highly multilayer circuit board, half an inch or so thick, used for holding and interconnecting thermal conduction modules (TCMs) in IBM mainframes.

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

1 volt is a kilomillivolt if you think about it!!
Reply to
bitrex

Too many "analog" parts have absurdly low voltage limits.

I'm using the ADCMP572, a comparator that has an abs max supply voltage of +6.

TI makes the rare fast sorta high voltage opamps.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

It's a very good opamp, absurdly low offset for that GBW. Nicely matches LTC1407 ADC with its VMAX=+4V.

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

If you want extreme speed and low power, you have to expect very small thin channels and insulators. It sorta goes with the territory.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Pretty sure it was +1.25 and -3.0. The ECL reference voltage was ground.

Reply to
krw