>= 0.5gph water pump less than $15?

Does this exist? Geesh how I am supposed to build my all american beer chiller for less than $30? I was thinking of taking apart one of those tabletop water fountains from a garage sale, but I looked on craigslist and people are selling them for $30 BROKEN. I think winshield washer pumps arent going to last running continuously. Hmmmmm anyone do this? I know some of you have built beer chiller coolant refrigeration things

Reply to
acannell

sorry i meant 0.5gp minute not hour, so 30gph.

Reply to
acannell

Home Depot: water pump for backyard fountains - under $30.

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

Or Lowe's or Leslie's.

...Jim Thompson

Go to your local fish shop, you may get lucky.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

0.5gph is a drip- not a pump- but then again ...
Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Got to keep up Fred. The OP, several postings ago, corrected his post to 0.5gpm

...Jim Thompson

Gosh, you can drink 30 gph of beer?

John

Try Harbor Freight. Is there one near you?

145gph (2.4 gpm), adjustable flow, $7.49.
Reply to
mrdarrett

instead of using electricity, maybe you should try propane:

Richard Henry

I knew a guy who just got an ordinary small (apartment-sized) fridge, and poked a hole in the top for a tap.

Good Luck! RIch

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yay harbor freight! i went there and bought a 16.99 pump, the 7.49 one wasnt there. It works great! I got the system to cool down the resevoir water (beer cooling chamber) to 34.4 degrees. Not bad for totally uninsulated plumbing nad resevoir. Now to make things tidy and get it to go below freezing. Too bad I cant use salt water. Maybe normal water wont freeze up since its being pumped?

Reply to
acannell

Mix it 50-50 with ordinary automotive antifreeze.

And yes, water will freeze even if it's being pumped. )-;

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

How'd you get it to 34.4 degrees? Got an ice bath handy? Or are you located right next to a cold mountain stream somewhere in New Zealand?

Reply to
mrdarrett

I'm pumping the water through the cooling resevoir of a water cooler I took apart.

Reply to
acannell