Who knows something about this component?

I posted a picture of the component on alt.binaries.schematics.electronic. Hope someone can help me out.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

It would help if you would post the link to the photo.

Harry C.

Reply to
hhc314

Hello Petrus,

Can't see it on abse.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

"Joerg" schreef in bericht news:xhxce.3522$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...

Placed a photo on

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

I have located the pic on abse. The logo looks similar to Diotec

however, the type number (2N)3402 doesn't register in a search of their site.

Possibly Diotec may have produced this type at some time or the 3402 is an oem part number, or if we take the conspiracy path, some scam manaufacturer is using a close copy of the Diotec logo.

If the device is in fact a 2N3402 it is now obsolete. Fairchild give a cross for the 2N3402 as 2N3393

Ross Herbert

I don't think it's Diotec. I came across this company recently, and their logo looks exactly like the photo, which is different from Diotec's logo. Unfortunately I haven't been able to remember the name of the company. I'm pretty sure I have one of their datasheets in my computer, but haven't been able to find it. Yet.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

I'll take a guess that 3402 is the date code.

We need someone to identify the maker's logo.

What did it come out of btw ? Any guide to likely function ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Just a guess: possibly a 1A 60V Triac or SCR?

--
Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK

Sanyo make a 2SC3402 which is an NPN transistor with integral bias resistors in the base and base-emmiter.

But not sure that's what you have.

Reply to
CWatters

I read in sci.electronics.design that petrus bitbyter wrote (in ) about 'Who knows something about this component?', on Fri, 29 Apr 2005:

What did it come out of? Some of these things are very low power thyristors or triacs from Taiwan or Korea.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Woodgate

3402 is the date code. It was made in the 34th week of 2002. "1A60" is the part number, which sounds very much like a 1A, 60V SCR or triac.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I read in sci.electronics.design that Rich Grise wrote (in ) about 'Who knows something about this component?', on Sat, 30 Apr 2005:

How do you know? Did your Mother tell you?

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Woodgate

knows

is

In another dept at work, they have a sign over their sink that says, "Your mother doesn't work here, so CLEAN UP THE MESS".

I kid the lady there about how the sign ls lying, because her mom _does_ work there, in _our_ department!

And to beat everything, her _brother_ also works in their dept! Talk about nepotism!

But, but.. A Moebius strip does have two sides...

If you count the edge.. ;-)

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

And the kline bottle ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I Googled "semiconductor logo finder" , because I remembered that my old IC Masters had logo finders. Hit #1 took me here:

Page 3 shows the 'S' logo, and it is identified as SemiWell Semiconductor:

Once there I found this:

Mystery solved.

Hit #2 led to a more complete IC logo finder:

================================

Greg Neff VP Engineering

*Microsym* Computers Inc. snipped-for-privacy@guesswhichwordgoeshere.com
Reply to
Greg Neff

... snip ...

Rich, This seems odd. I see parts all day long. It's suppose to be 'Year' 'Week' , ex. 1989 , 23rd week of year = 8923. Not the other way around. For 2002 and 34th week = 0234. When was the date code designation changed? What body of standards regulation specified the change?

regards EN

Reply to
EN

"Greg Neff" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Thanks Greg. That's what I was looking for. Googled some time around, found a bunch of logos but not the right one. Matter of search string of course.

Also wish to thank all the others that tried to help.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

I read in sci.electronics.design that EN wrote (in ) about 'Who knows something about this component?', on Sat, 30 Apr 2005:

I agree. But it is what Rich said, apart from being a 600 V device rather than 60 V.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Woodgate

A lot of conjecture and nonsense going on. Get the datasheet from the manufacture. Get solid proof that data code definition has changed. regards EN

Reply to
EN

600V in that package?
Reply to