USB host.

Hi All,

I connect the USB D+, D- signals from Nokia cell pop port.

It emulates the RS232 signal for PC.

However, I am connecting to Embedded system, I don't have USB host as PC Windows.

I need a USB host with RS232 signal conversion chip, right ?

However, currently, I found FT2232D, it is about US$6, too expensive to my system.

Could you please advice the cheaper one ?

Any 8051 USB host ?

Appreciate!

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

but this IC is not a host!

does not exist!

The right choice is Vinculum VNC1L.

coals

Reply to
coals

The FT2232, _is not a host_. It is only a USB slave to async serial chip. Similar to what is already in the phone. Seriously, the cheapest _host_ chip, is the Vinculum, which I have already mentioned. It is going to cost more than $6 though. Reckon on around $10 for the most basic host chip. It depends massively on the quantities involved though. If your product could ship in 100000 off quantities, the same chip, can be got well under $4.

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

avrusb