TV/monitor interface standards.

Does anyone know of a website that outlines the various TV/monitor
connectors and hopefully includes schematics for any feasible converters?

Thanks.

Re: TV/monitor interface standards.

I recall there was an Amiga to RGB-SCART pinout on `The Hardware Book' (just google it)
also the vga etc pinouts... I doubt you'll find a passive converter for
HDMI/DVI <-> <anything analog> however

Anything specific you wanna build?

Re: TV/monitor interface standards.

There's several RGB-2-SCART circuits floating about, but none I've seen show
the XOR circuit to make the sync pulses the right way up in any mode.

All my flat screens are rescue animals, only one has SCART - most only have
VGA.

Recently, the only SCART display produced a nasty niff instead of anything
on the screen - I've repaired that, but it set me thinking about what
conversions can be done without an unobtainable logic array.

Re: TV/monitor interface standards.

For the record, if a DVI port is "DVI-I" (has RGB analogue outputs as well
as digital), it can be adapted to VGA. That's how cheap DVI-VGA adapters
work, but you need to know that you haven't got a DVI-D output that only
provides digital signals.

http://pinouts.ru/Video/dvi_pinout.shtml

--

Re: TV/monitor interface standards.

Thanks.

All these bits of info I collect will someday save the situation.

Site Timeline