TV/monitor interface standards.

Does anyone know of a website that outlines the various TV/monitor connectors and hopefully includes schematics for any feasible converters?

Thanks.

Reply to
Ian Field

I recall there was an Amiga to RGB-SCART pinout on `The Hardware Book' (just google it) also the vga etc pinouts... I doubt you'll find a passive converter for HDMI/DVI however

Anything specific you wanna build?

Reply to
Johann Klammer

There's several RGB-2-SCART circuits floating about, but none I've seen show the XOR circuit to make the sync pulses the right way up in any mode.

All my flat screens are rescue animals, only one has SCART - most only have VGA.

Recently, the only SCART display produced a nasty niff instead of anything on the screen - I've repaired that, but it set me thinking about what conversions can be done without an unobtainable logic array.

Reply to
Ian Field

For the record, if a DVI port is "DVI-I" (has RGB analogue outputs as well as digital), it can be adapted to VGA. That's how cheap DVI-VGA adapters work, but you need to know that you haven't got a DVI-D output that only provides digital signals.

Reply to
Computer Nerd Kev

Thanks.

All these bits of info I collect will someday save the situation.

Reply to
Ian Field