TNC connector for PCB at 1.6GHz

I'm looking for a way to add a TNC connector to our PCB. The PCB will have micro stripline or grounded coplanar waveguide circuit to which the signal has to connect. 50ohms as usual.

Most PCB connectors seem to have two wires coming from the end of the connector and I strongly suspect their matching integrity.

Does anyone know of suitable connector or matching characteristics of the forementioned type of TNC connectors ?

--
Mikko OH2HVJ
Reply to

""Mikko Syrjälahti"" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@vipunen.hut.fi...

Maybe: TNC Right Angle PCB Mount Jack Receptacle - centre conductor + body connections.

Den

ector

forementioned

There are coaxial sockets designed to provide a minimally reflective transition from microstrip to coxial cable. IIRR TNC connectors are too big to match to normal thickness PCB's and you'd probably have to throw in some kind of inter-series connector to get the signal from a sub-minature coax connector to TNC.

seems to have some SMCC connectors that might do what you want.

might be another source.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Thanks, I'll get a few for test> There are coaxial sockets designed to provide a minimally reflective

I thought connectors with pigtails and inter-series connector would've been much more expensive than direct connector. After checking a few on-line quote systems for pigtails it seems that this method is quite viable technically and economically. A big plus is also not getting stuck with single supply of exotic and expensive connectors!

Thank you both!

-- Mikko OH2HVJ

Reply to
=?iso-8859-1?q?Mikko_Syrj=E4la