Substitute for 2SC5707 ?

My LCD monitor died. (Continuously attempts to power up, fails, and restarts the power up attempt.) Naturally I have no schematic for it. That said, I found a shorted SCR (overvoltage circuit is my assumption) and a shorted

2SC5707 Sanyo NPN. Any idea of what to substitute for the 2SC5707? I'm clueless as to what it does in the monitor without a schematic.

If it matters, the best I can come up with on paper by searching through Mouser, Digikey, Onsemi, Fairchild is a D44H11.

Thanks, Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Why not get the correct part?

JW

ehsjr schrieb:

MJD44H11 has significant lower gain and transition frequency, better get the genuine part.

Regards, Dieter

Reply to
Dieter Wiedmann

Hi ! Ed,

We do have stock of the 2SC5707 from warehouse. For this repair job, I cannot sure, if you replace the 2SC5707 is OK or not.

We cannot sure your idea price for this component. But our shipping cost may be around US$25.00

Thanks !

-- Patrick Cheung townt.com Address : 1805, Wu Sang House, 655 Nathan Road, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong Tel : +852-25055838 Fax : +852-25058121 E-mail : snipped-for-privacy@towntarget.com.hk Web-site :

or

"ehsjr" ???????:AjX%g.4564$PA3.4233@trndny04...

Reply to
Patrick - townt.com

There are some for sale on Ebay.

Price: US $3.84 Shipping: US $3.95

$4.23 each + shipping.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Thanks to those who replied. I'll use one of the links posted to buy a 2SC5707 - or scrounge one from a defective LCD monitor. Turns out we have "recycling day" scheduled for Nov. 4 and I may be able to get a broken monitor there.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Hi ! Ed,

Can you tell us which package you request ?

As there is several package of the 2SC5707, we cannot sure our warehouse's package is right package.

Waiting for your idea !

Thanks !

Patrick

"ehsjr" ???????:ksg0h.5159$Wp3.1813@trndny05...

Reply to
Patrick - townt.com

=_NextPart_000_0137_01C6FA09.C7C4A200 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

HI ! Ed,

Our part no. is 2SC5707-TL-E.

Would you tell us it is the same as your request ?

Thanks !

Patrick

"Patrick - townt.com" = =BC=B6=BCg=A9=F3=B6l=A5=F3=B7s=BBD:45413de6$1 snipped-for-privacy@rain.i-cable.com...

cost may=20

Reply to
Patrick - townt.com

Hi Patrick,

I do not know if 2SC5707-TL-E is the same. If you can send me a sample, I can tell. But then I won't need to buy one.

Your call.

Thanks, Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Nope. Couldn't get a monitor, so I'll order the part.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

The parts *finally* arrived this afternoon. The package was marked "returned for postage" so that explains the delay. I may get a chance to install the transistor & scr this weekend.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Finally got the 2SC5707 and installed it. Monitor works fine now. Thanks to all who replied! :-)

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr