Source for on-line volume control headphone extension pot

I'd like to use an in-line volume control headphone extension as a variable resistor for led brightness adjustment. Is just the potentiometer available with its housing and thumbwheel and is it available with linear taper ? I would need a resistance value of somewhere between 1k and 10 k.

An example of the headphone extension :

Steve

Your use of the terms "volume control" and "headphone" just confuse the issue. It is simple enough to make your own patch cords with potted assemblies in the middle.

What you are trying to do doesn't sound like a standard application. I don't think it is common enough that an off-the-shelf item exists.

A better description of what you are trying to accomplish might help along with the number of units you will be producing.

As that is a VERY broad range, it sounds like just a guess

--or did you derive it arithmetcally or empirically? Do you actually have the LED(s) you plan to use in-hand?

Reply to
JeffM