Source for graphic display

Looking for LCD graphic display approximately 6 inches by 1.5 inches (150 mm by 30 mm). High-resolution not required; I'm apparently limited by my size requirements.

I don't see anything more than square-ish displays on e-bay.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Reply to
Mike Cook

You should go to the manufacturers web sites. They may have something closer to what you need. But you are going to have trouble finding a display with this form factor off the shelf.

--

Rick
Reply to

Maybe you can find something to your liking here:

Reply to
John S

What is wrong with web page designers that makes them use grey for text? Are they really trying to make their pages hard to read? They even use dark grey text against a light grey background.

resolution, 127.16 x 33.88 mm viewable area. I hope their modules are easier to read than their web pages.

--

Rick
Reply to

Sorry, rickman, I didn't design the Web pages. Please contact the Web author.

Reply to
John S

I'm not ragging on you. I am ranting in general. I see this often on web pages. Someone decided it looks nicer to use less contrast on their pages. Fine if you are browsing for beauty. I just want to be able to read the durn things.

--

Rick
Reply to

I agree wholeheartedly. However, there is often a link on the page leading to the author. I would advise using it. I have done so in the past. Might get nothing, or might get some improvement.

John S

These guys are good:

 Click to see the full signature

I should join you in the rant. What is worse, is having the web page greyed out and covered by something else - usually not relevant to what one was looking for, or a "special" that nobody gives a damn about. I also hate overlays ("feedback" boxes,etc) of text on top/over the web page. This is all shit that cannot be prevented; programmers found out that "pop-ups" are (usually) preventable and are now using this crap. I could cheerfully choke them.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I respectfully ask: "show me ONE".

Reply to
Robert Baer

I don't see a Webmaster email link on the page link I posted. I would email the sales department, which is listed, and let them know the trouble. I'm sure they will contact the Webmaster.

Reply to
John S

John S wrote:

Domain Name: PHOENIXDISPLAY.COM Registry Domain ID: 151305343_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.easydns.com Registrar URL:

Updated Date: 2014-02-17 15:29:48 Creation Date: 2005-04-16 21:24:30 Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2017-04-16 21:24:30 Registrar: easyDNS Technologies, Inc. Registrar IANA ID: 469 Registrar Abuse Contact Email: snipped-for-privacy@easydns.com Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4165358672 Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited Registry Registrant ID: Registrant Name: Keith Mitnik Registrant Organization: Keith Mitnik Registrant Street: 1056 E. Sandpiper Registrant City: Tempe Registrant State/Province: AZ Registrant Postal Code: 85283 Registrant Country: US Registrant Phone: +1.4807751324 Registrant Phone Ext: Registrant Fax: Registrant Fax Ext: Registrant Email: keith snipped-for-privacy@msn.com Registry Admin ID: Admin Name: Keith Mitnik Admin Organization: Mitnik Admin Street: 1056 E. Sandpiper Admin City: Tempe Admin State/Province: AZ Admin Postal Code: 85283 Admin Country: US Admin Phone: +1.4807751324 Admin Phone Ext: Admin Fax: Admin Fax Ext: Admin Email: keith snipped-for-privacy@msn.com Registry Tech ID: Tech Name: Jake Marx Tech Organization: longhead.com, inc. Tech Street: 1414 E. Lupine Ave. Tech City: Phoenix Tech State/Province: AZ Tech Postal Code: 85020 Tech Country: US Tech Phone: +1.6022436655 Tech Phone Ext: Tech Fax: Tech Fax Ext: Tech Email: snipped-for-privacy@longhead.com Name Server: NS1.SITEGROUND142.COM Name Server: NS2.SITEGROUND142.COM DNSSEC: Unsigned URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System:

Michael A. Terrell

Although that page looks readable to me I can undesrstand you.

I stopped using white backgrounds ages ago as themes with dark background are much more readable because they don't bring eyes to saturation. This is why grey on black (or even dark grey) is much more readable than the same grey on white background. Too bad most web/app/desktop programmers/designers are still stuck to the page-made-of-paper concept. A white screen emits light while a piece of paper reflects it; when will they learn the difference?

A search for "dark theme" on Google images will bring some examples.

Reply to
asdf

For me this is wrong, at least with displays that emit light. Dark text on bright background is clearer and light text on black background is fuzzy. I presume it's because the dark background means my iris opens up wide to let light in and this means I lose depth of focus. Maybe your theory holds on younger people with really good eyes.

--
Brian Gregory (in the UK).
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to