Solar garden light schematic.

On A.B.S.E I've posted the schematic of a solar Led garden light in the hope someone can name the type of oscillator.

Thanks.

Reply to
Ian Field

And A.B.S.E. is where exactly? A link never hurts...

John :-#(#

-- (Please post followups or tech inquiries to the newsgroup) John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 (604)872-5757 or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)

John Robertson

News:alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

The vast majority of people who visit the electronics groups know about it.

Reply to
Ian Field

Oddly enough I've been posting on these groups for almost twenty years and had never noticed the alt.binary groups as a resource for schematics...

Interesting, added to my list to watch.

Thanks,

John :-#)#

John's  Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson

Probably because a minority have flooded it with political rants.

Although its still there and the only appropriate binaries I know of for electronics matters.

There is one problem - a lot of people use an ISP that doesn't support binaries, or in some cases that one amongst those they don't.

Reply to
Ian Field

I had that problem for a couple of years before I switched to Giganews.

John :-#)#

John's  Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson

It's a relatively new thing, certainly didn't exist 20 years ago when there was only sci.electronics and sci.electronics.repair

Oddly, it came later, when such a newsgroup wasn't needed. Back when you might be able to get Usenet only, the need might have been there, but once virtually everyone had internet access, there are other methods of passing a file.

With full internet access since 1996, I've never had access to the binary newsgroups. They really are not a good thing, and especially as time went on and they were not about passing files related to discussion (back when Usenet was passed over the phones, it made sense to have some binary newsgroups so the software related to Usenet and maybe related to some discussion newsgroups could be passed along too, since otherwise people might not get those files), but related to things like bootleg programs and bootleg tv shows, they not only dwarf the discussion traffic, but people see Usenet as some file sharing thing, often of illegal files. And it can be terribly inefficient, for every post, it has to transfer and be stored at any location that keeps binaries, all that traffic of large files, while if it's stored at a webpage or ftp site, the only traffic is when someone actually retrieves the file. There's probably a handful of people who will check that binary newsgroup for the post mentioned in the original post of this thread, but it still has to be transferred from newsswerver to newsserver, and then stored on the newsservers that take binary newsgroups.

If we dumped binay newsgroups, we wouldn't suffer, but it might help Usenet's image.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Which apparently exists to a fair extent because people are willing to pay for binary newsgroups, so they can get the illegal files.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black