Searching for electronics component distributors in USA

Can anybody recommend some online electronic component distributors?

I am trying to source laptop DC jacks of various kinds, I've been lucky with some (eBay) and have repaired others but ultimately I need a proper inventory. RS, Farnell, Rapid & Maplin don't have the stuff so I'm looking stateside (I'm actually in the UK)

I've found Mouser, who seem to be the sort of company I'm looking for, but do people know of others? Whilst looking for flash rom chips, I came across a company called america-something, who seemed to have massive stock, but I've lost the name & url...

any help greatly appreciated, thanks.

Reply to
carl0s

Digikey.com

Reply to
James F. Mayer

The obvious one missing from this list, is DigiKey. American supplier, but they now have a UK website, and fowarding operation. For some parts they are unbeatable. Unfortunately, many 'laptop power jacks', are proprietary, and are only available as a spare, from the laptop manufacturer themselves...

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

Try

Chuck P.

Reply to
MOP CAP

Thank you Chuck, Roger and James! Very much appreciated.

Reply to
carl0s

These are the sorts of jack I need:

It seems they are obviously available somewhere, but I just can't find where! Those with the metal cover don't seem to be stocked by any of the aforementioned suppliers, including digikey. Does anyone have any other thoughts? How about Taiwanese suppliers?

thanks, Carl

Reply to
carl0s

I don't want to sound discouraging. But,unless you want 10,000 you probably won't find them if the sources you have already checked don't have them. You would be extremely lucky to find them in a Silicon Valley surplus store. If you want to keep looking Google Jameco, All Electronics and Marlin P. Jones.

Chuck P.

Reply to
MOP CAP

What about the folks behind the web site you cited? They have a button to click for ordering info.

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

Farnell / Newark / MCM / InOne

Allied Electronics is actually now owned by a UK firm.

Active Electronics / Future Electronics in Canada

Reply to
gb

I am actually going to ask if they will ship internationally, and perhaps give a discount on orders of 20+. Their pricing isn't so bad compared to some of the other companies out there asking $30 - $40 for a $0.99 socket.

Reply to
carl0s