RIP HSC

Got a sad email today:

It is with sincere regret that we are announcing the final days for HSC in Silicon Valley.

After 54 years we will be closing our doors for the final time on Saturday, January 12, 2019.

We hope you can stop by or visit our website and stock up on high tech goodies one last time.

The deals will be better than ever!

https://www.halted.com
Re: RIP HSC
On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 07:11:23 +0000 (UTC), David Lesher

Pity; it was so much fun to poke around there. Haltek, Halted, Mike
Quinn, the Foothill Flea Market, Weird Stuff, all succumbed to the
escalated value of real estate, and cheap parts and equipment,

There used to be an electronic surplus place on Market Street in San
Francisco!

I found one dusty bin full of little things at Halted. I asked the guy
at the counter what they cost, and he guessed 10 cents each, so I got
a handful. They were tunnel diodes.

I met some big names at Foothill. Bob Pease, Jim Williams, Peter
Alfke.

lunatic fringe electronics

Re: RIP HSC

Wow, sad new indeed.  One after the other, they are all shutting down.  I
haven't been out to the bay area in a long time, but I always made the
pilgrimage of HSC, Weird Stuff, Alltronics, Haltek, and a few other
places back in the day.

Jon

Re: RIP HSC

Major bummer....I was there in the  late 80s..made it a stop on my vacation. Being an east-coaster made it difficult to drop in, but I liked and bought stuff from their catalog...sigh...

omg ...a host is a host....lol....haven't heard that one since  mid 80s...lol a moldy oldie...

Re: RIP HSC
   Thanks.
   What will happen to the ducks that used to walk across the street in
the back?

Site Timeline