resistor shaped capacitors

In a surplus components grab bag I've found some resistor shaped capacitors. They appear as normal 1/4 Watt resistors of a yellowish colour and show two gold bands. Their value is also represented using the normal color code adopted for resistors. As I've never used these capacitors, can anyone tell what kind they belong to (polyester, ceramic, etc), so I can use them in the right project? Thanks.

Reply to
yxz

Most I have seen are ceramic.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Same here.

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore