PUSHPULL TRANSFORMERS NEEDED

Hi all

I am looking for mini pushpull audio output transformer , exactly like the same type used in vintage transistor portable radion in the 60 and 70's .

Does any one know good siurces for this ?

Thanks EC

Reply to
RealInfo

An example might be the Mouser/Xicon 42TL013, 1K center-tapped primary, 8 ohm secondary.

There's a whole bunch on page 998 of the Mouser catalog.

My gut feeling is that these won't be available for a whole lot longer, in fact I wonder why they're in the Mouser catalog, they haven't been used in consumer equipment for more than a decade now. But for replacement and the oddball case where you just need an audio step-up or step-down transformer it's nice to have them available. I've been known to use tiny off-the-shelf audio transformers in production designs for pulse transformers.

If worse comes to worse, small AC power transformers make poor to passable audio transformers (depending on standing DC current and core saturation).

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Thanks