Programming algorithm info on 16F628A an 18F2320 needed.

I am wondering if anyone has any PDF's on pic programming. If microchip ever had these (as suggested by AN910) I can't find them anywhere on their site. I am using a Linux program ( at ) and similar parallel programmer with the exception that for the buffers I used standard

4001s ( too slow?) and the VPP signal drives NPN with 1.1K to 13ish V and VPP pin also grounded through 10K resulting in 12.7V during programming.

This seams to be able to program 16F628A ( when I finally found a blank one), But I can't seam to erase one.

The software seams to have been last touched in 98 and nowhere it seams to mention the A version so I am wondering if the 'A's' are not different. There is a provision to add additional bits to the '0x08' command possibly depending on the pic. Actually I have not looked in the config, if anything else besides 0 is used for the other

2 pics (16F87x and 16F84) around which the development revolved.. hmmmm..

In any case I'd love too look at some concrete DOCS.

Thanks, Sam.

Reply to
Sambo

Sambo ha scritto:

Do You read Programming Specifications (for specific device)? Found it in microchip site.

Perhaps 12V7 is too low for MCLR, You can try up yo 13V5

Emanuele

--
*** YOUR ELECTRONICS OPEN SOURCE ***

http://dev.emcelettronica.com;---------------------------------------------------------
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Emanuele

Select the device with datasheet finder on the Microchip site. The page that then opens has a column down the right called 'Resources'. Near the bottom, 'Programming Specification'. Document number is 39592e for the

1320. The actual algorithm,and instructions, are completely different from those for the 628. Note particularly the comment about supply decoupling (on older chips, Vpp, 'was' the programming supply - on latter chips like these, it is a reference to generate the supply internally, and the internal switcher, can generate significant transients on the Vdd rail). Note also, that the fuses are mapped at 0x300000, while on the 16 chips, they are at 0x2000 - significantly different... Yes, the 'A' variant, has some changes to the programming algorithm, from the original 628.

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

)

standard

pin also

mention the

for the other

Go to the Microchip product page for each specific product and look under "Resources" (right hand side of the page) for "Programming Specification".

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Beautiful , Thank you.

Reply to