piezo speaker max. voltage

Hi sec!

What's the maximum useful voltage a piezo speaker can take? I thought of putting it in parallel to a Geiger Mueller tube or an Ne-2 bulb as an improvised geiger counter.

The piezo speakers I have are salvaged from other devices so I have no data sheets. Looking at other datasheets the maximum specified voltage was 30 V. I have created about 50 V by flexing a piezo speaker, though. One datasheet specified "DC Voltage Not to be applied between electrodes"[1]. I'd be having 80+ V DC.

Thanks, Bernhard

[1]
Bernhard Kuemel

Think! What are coupling capacitors for?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell