Pic Micro

Can anybody point me to a pic micro with at least 2, but preferably 3 hardware serial interfaces, if such a beast exists.

I have spent ages googling and searching the datasheets on the microchip website, but it is taking an age.

Thanks.

Reply to
}{

On the Microchip site, if you select the section marker '8bit PIC microcontrollers', the page has little 'purple' search buttons next to the lines. Click on this, and you have a chart with hardware parameters you can select. Tick the box for '2 AUSART', and you immediately narrow it down to 8 chips.

18F6520 18F8520 18F86J60 18F86J65 18F87J60 18F96J60 18F96J65 18F97J60 You can do the same with other parts of the family, depending on what performance/cost level you need. This button, saves a lot of work.... I am assuming you mean 'async serial', since most of the PICs also have a synchronous serial port (implementing I2C, or SPI). For more async ports, it is common to add one of the SPI UART chips (Philips, and Exar do some nice ones).

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

Thanks very much for your reply, this is exactly what I was looking for. Though I must admit being a little ashamed at not finding this filter on the Microchip site.

Best Regards.

Reply to
}{