PHONO PREAMP IC NEEDED

Hi

I am looking for phono preamp IC . Any ideas ?

Thanks ec

Reply to
realInfo

I haven't seen a single IC which includes both the necessary gain stage and the RIAA equalization. They may exist, of course (or could be made from a programmable-analog part) but I haven't seen them in use.

The commonest approach seems to be to use a dual op amp per channel, with the RIAA equalization curve being implemented via components in one or both of the op amp feedback loops. The page at

shows one such design.

You might be able to do it with just one dual op amp (one stage per channel).

There are many high-quality audio op amps (low noise, adequate drive capacity and gain/bandwidth product) which can be used for this sort of design.

Dave Platt

As mentioned elsewhere, news: snipped-for-privacy@a12g2000pro.googlegroups.com your Usenet technique really stinks. Subject lines that SHOUT are especially obnoxious.

More context about what you're trying to do is always useful:

*-*-*-*-*-*-nicer-framework-*-*-*-*-*-*+zz-zz+qq+tell-the-_whole_-story

Have you considered e.g. picking up a pre-packaged solution at Radio Shack or Flea Bay?

JeffM

Thanks ec

Reply to
realInfo

You will find a circuit here

I got that link from here

GregS

Thanks ec

"GregS" ëúá áäåãòä:gio7t7$60p$ snipped-for-privacy@usenet01.srv.cis.pitt.edu...

BarNash

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 19:05:04 +0200, realInfo put finger to keyboard and composed:

An RIAA Preamplifier For Magnetic Cartridges:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar