Need simple delay circuit

Could some of you give me some input. This is a project on my boat.I have a momentary micro switch on my shifter linkgage that when triped it grounds the neg. side of the ignition coil which stumbles the engine long enough to shift out of gear. The switch when tripped goes to ground.I need to build a simple circuit to hold the coil to ground for 1 to 2 secs to give it more time to shift. I was thinking of using a 12 volt relay with the switch wired to to the ground of the relay and a cap on the positive side of the relay to delay the relay. Thinks for any ideas.

Reply to
phila

Piece-o-cake, man. 555 Timer, 2n2222 transistor, 12v relay, and 1 diode across the relay.

If nobody else does it, I'll give you a schematic (if I get time.)

Alan ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ phila wrote:

Reply to
almo

Reply to
phila

On 8 Jun 2006 05:15:30 -0700, "phila" put finger to keyboard and composed:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Looks like the simplest one for me would be,555 timer Mono stable (one shot) circuit,on the link provided,2nd one. I asume I can change the timing by changing the value of the elect.cap.

Franc Zabkar wrote:

Reply to
phila

For a brief ~1 second delay, this is simplest: (View in fixed font)

Reply to
ehsjr