Need Pinout of Old MHS Music Chip

I have this pc board out of a keyboard made by Think! Software. I don't have any cables or information on it. I just want to use the MIDI keyboard function, so need to hook up power to the pc board. Couldn't find pinouts anywhere for the main chip. You can see it here:

Thanks

Reply to
Zephinilium

On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 14:01:37 -0800 (PST), Zephinilium put finger to keyboard and composed:

It's an 80C51 uC with 4K x8 mask ROM.

This is a Philips version:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Excellent. That should help greatly. I'll study it.

BTW, the "J1" connector on the left in the photo is for a foot switch, not a power connector. I think I read somewhere that it gets power from the computer connection (P2).

ECP

Reply to
Zephinilium

On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 15:47:40 -0800 (PST), Zephinilium put finger to keyboard and composed:

This should help.

PC Gameport+MIDI pinout:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

df

tml

I'll take that information into account. Thanks. BTW I don't know if you noticed, but it has a dedicated MIDI port already. Here are the ports, if it clarifies the situation any:

-ECP

Reply to
Zephinilium

On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 18:05:02 -0800 (PST), Zephinilium put finger to keyboard and composed:

I don't understand the need for the microcontroller, but then I'm not a musician.

FYI, here is a MIDI kit:

I use the abovementioned kit to connect an old soundcard to an old Radioshack keyboard.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

s.pdf

,

rticle.html

That's cool, but I'm using Macs, and have a MIDI to USB adapter already.

Reply to
Zephinilium

he

.
1ds.pdf

ch,

tArticle.html

Hooked up a power supply to GND and pin 8. Didn't work. Dont' know if it's related to the fact that I accidently broke surface-mount resister R2. What is the value of R2? It says "472" on it. Is that just ohms, or K ohms, or what?

Reply to
Zephinilium

s.pdf

h,

tArticle.html

=2E...

Reply to
Michael Black

Markings on surface mount resistors work just like the colour code, so that will be 4, 7, and two 0s, or 4700 ohms, or 4K7.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca