Need help identifying a diode

howdy all, I am trying to identify a small glass diode. The only markings are A2 5 around the body. I think it may be a Zener but am not sure how to cross it.

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Gary L. Woodruff

On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 16:48:24 -0400, "Gary L. Woodruff" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Could it be a HZ5A2 4.5V zener?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

SMD ?

You'll be lucky ! See if you can divine its function from the circuit.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Very useful information on zeners. Thanks for posting the link. I have saved the file for future reference.

Reply to
Ken