Need Door Bell generator IC or kit

I would like to hook up a door bell generator to the paging input of my whole house audio system. The only thing I really need is something that will generate a "ding-dong" when a contact is closed. I see some kits on the web but I am wondering if anyone has actually done this and what they have used. I am looking to buy this in the USA. I could probably wire up a circuit with an IC but I don't know who sells this stuff retail, like in a Radio Shack or whatever. The number of the IC would be helpful. Please advise. Thanks.

Reply to
Eric

If you have a NuTone system, they have a module that plugs in for that I believe.

Reply to
James F. Mayer

have a look to this chip

AY3-1350 from GI ; in fact this chip is a masked programmed GI microcontroller . @+ Matthieu

Reply to
Matthieu Benoit

Hi ! Eric,

We do able to supply COB "Ding-Dong" sound module.

Can you pleased tell us your target price and QTY ?

Thanks !

--
Patrick Cheung
Town Target Technology Limited

Thank you for all the input!

Reply to
Eric

Found an expensive option at

Let me know if you find something cheaper, or available as a kit.

8*)
Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Patrick Griffin on comp.home.automation had this solution:

catId=23

Reply to
Eric